Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Hi Josh,
Do you know name of DDE server for DIET ODIN by any chance?
My developer is using NDDE and trying to connect DIET ODIN DDE.
Any idea about to connect and strings to pass?
Thanks in advance.
Hi Maheshwar,

I have not used ODIN. However, this might help you.

http://www.mudraa.com/trading/107273/0/amibroker-dde-plugin-with-odin-client.html

If you want to control ODIN from your downloader, then you need API.

If Arbitrage.xls is opened from ODIN Client, you will be able to save quotations to text file and import into AmiBroker using Java script. Just tweak the logic in RTODIN. I guess columns in Arbitrage.xls are in fixed order

regards
Josh

Last edited:

satyamsit

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Hi , Josh suddenly from today morning RTNOW is not working. it used to work seamless till last trading session. Plz guide.

Hi , Josh suddenly from today morning RTNOW is not working. it used to work seamless till last trading session. Plz guide.
If you are charting Futures, switch to new series . . .

see if rates are updating in RTD sheet, if not then, re-do this for new series

link to excel >> Save >> Close >> Re-start,

then see if rates are updating in RTD sheet

josh1

If you are charting Futures, switch to new series . . .
see if rates are updating in RTD sheet, if not then, re-do this for new series
link to excel >> Save >> Close >> Re-start,
then see if rates are updating in RTD sheet
^ Thanks buddy !! Saved my life.
:lol::lol: Alternately, you can Find/Replace (just press Ctrl+F) JUN with JUL in RTD Sheet. Next month JUL with AUG.;)

even if i thank josh 1000 times for making this utility and selflessly sharing with us,it wud be very less...
i m creating this post for every1 who are facing #N/A problem in excel sheet when linking data to excel RTD sheet..i m using windows 8 and Office 2013

1:-do not forget to place RTNest.xlsm file to c:\Program Files\omnesys\ folder otherwise u will be wondering why there is no MyCSVNest.txt file is created(this is the first step mentioned by josh which we generally overlook)..and make this folder trusted location..
if u do this , a new folder c:\RT will be created automatically..

2:-open nesttrader with administrative privilege..(if u dont open it as administrator excel will not certify nest server and u will get #N/A)
3:-open excel as administrator
4:-open RTNest.xlsm
5:-link data as explained by josh

note:-i was facing the same issue...and i have windows 8 office 2013..and u can not install office 2013 in d drive(microsoft do not allow this with 2013 version)..
i had almost given up ..but after reading 1000 posts i tried this..and it worked..
so i will once again suggest before installing ofice or ami or nesttrader in d drive ...pls do try this ...this also works in windows 7
i hope it helps..
once again thank josh

Last edited:

one more thing problem is not with excel ..excel just do not validate nest server certificate if nest trader is not opened as administrator...

if u google rtd function of excel ..ull find microsoft knowledge link which mentioned the reason behind #N\A issue...

even if i thank josh 1000 times for making this utility and selflessly sharing with us,it wud be very less...
i m creating this post for every1 who are facing #N/A problem in excel sheet when linking data to excel RTD sheet..i m using windows 8 and Office 2013

1:-do not forget to place RTNest.xlsm file to c:\Program Files\omnesys\ folder otherwise u will be wondering why there is no MyCSVNest.txt file is created(this is the first step mentioned by josh which we generally overlook)..and make this folder trusted location..
if u do this , a new folder c:\RT will be created automatically..

2:-open nesttrader with administrative privilege..(if u dont open it as administrator excel will not certify nest server and u will get #N/A)
3:-open excel as administrator
4:-open RTNest.xlsm
5:-link data as explained by josh

note:-i was facing the same issue...and i have windows 8 office 2013..and u can not install office 2013 in d drive(microsoft do not allow this with 2013 version)..this also work in windows 7
i had almost given up ..but reading 1000 posts i tried this..and it worked..
so i will once again suggest before installing ofice or ami or nesttrader in d drive ...pls do try this ...
i hope it helps..
once again thank josh
I am facing same issue and couldn't get hold of it but will have to try what u done. By the way is your Amibroker in D drive or C

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

pls josh..
update these steps in your setup instructions..(administrative privilage and installation in d drive)..its painful to read all posts to figure out solution..
i dont know how to delete post..?pls sm1 tell me

Last edited:

I am facing same issue and couldn't get hold of it but will have to try what u done. By the way is your Amibroker in D drive or C

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
its in c...
i have figured it out right now ..so will have to wait for second portion..but hope it will work..

anyways major hurdle #N/a solved

Status
Not open for further replies.