Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Amit

You have mixed everything. Read backfill section in Setup Instructions.
For import wizard, read Users Guide of Amibroker.
MyTiger.txt file is for Real Time. You cannot backfill from it.

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Amit

You have mixed everything. Read backfill section in Setup Instructions.
For import wizard, read Users Guide of Amibroker.
MyTiger.txt file is for Real Time. You cannot backfill from it.
sorry sir but i am not able to uderstand this backfilling concept
pls i am requesting you to help me by any method pls.

josh1

sorry sir but i am not able to uderstand this backfilling concept
pls i am requesting you to help me by any method pls.
Backfill means loading past data into Amibroker.
Now what do you not understand about it?

Backfill means loading past data into Amibroker.
Now what do you not understand about it?
dear sir,
thanks a lot for helping me this much.
i will ask you my doubts after few days .
when i will come to understand the meaning & difference between EOD , backfill & backtested & many more .
because i am totally confused in this i want some time.
again thanks for helping me & everyone.

xsis

can this utility be extended with other columns like bid price, bid qty, ask price, ask qty, tbq, tsq etc!

josh1

Josh sir is it possible to make utility like yusi
Well, it is possible but not for me in short time. I am a professional accountant and not a professional programmer. If I have to do it I will have to learn some language like C++ or C# and forget trading. I do not want to do that.

If some programmer volunteers, I can give ideas and get it done. When I started my first thread, I had invited software developers among members for contribution. I did not get much response

Last edited:

josh1

can this utility be extended with other columns like bid price, bid qty, ask price, ask qty, tbq, tsq etc!
See Extract of Quotation structure from Amibroker Development Kit

// 40-bytes 8-byte aligned
struct Quotation {
union AmiDate DateTime; // 8 byte
float Price;
float Open;
float High;
float Low;
float Volume;
float OpenInterest;
float AuxData1;
float AuxData2;
};

Quotation structure holds single bar data. DateTime field holds bar date and time and is an AmiDate structure equivalent to unsigned 64 bit int (change from previous release of ADK) Price field is actualy Close price. The Open, High, Low fields are self-explanatory, these are single precision floating point numbers. Please note that Volume and OpenInterest fields are currently floating point numbers (change since previous release of ADK). There are two new fields: AuxData1, and AuxData2 for storing auxilliary data such as Bid, Ask, or Traded Volume or user-defined numbers. The meaning of those two fields can be dynamic and depends on data source.

That means you have only 2 fields viz. AuxData1, and AuxData2 in which you can store additional info and display on chart.

xsis

thks for d detailed xplanation!
in short, not possible to accommodate more than 2 columns - am i rite?
cud u plsssssssssss atleast add 2 more columns in THAT excel sheet so that we can use aux1 & aux 2? it wud be wonderful and really helpful!
That means you have only 2 fields viz. AuxData1, and AuxData2 in which you can store additional info and display on chart.

josh1

thks for d detailed xplanation!
in short, not possible to accommodate more than 2 columns - am i rite?
cud u plsssssssssss atleast add 2 more columns in THAT excel sheet so that we can use aux1 & aux 2? it wud be wonderful and really helpful!
Right.

Add the columns yourself on right. Ensure that there is a blank column after them.
Thereafter open rtg3.format file and replace $format line with this-
$FORMAT Date_DMY, Ticker, Time, Close, Volume, OpenInt, Skip, Aux1, Aux2

I do not know how to plot them on chart. Please find out yourself and if you do, post it here.

regards
Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.