john302928

@Tejas Khoday
I would like to understand few information. What are the things we need to collect from the broker when we open an account with them.
Like trading user id and password, Demat account number, Scanned copy of filled application form, CMR? and anything else. Please enlighten. You could also write a post so that it would be like a checklist for us to make sure if we have got all the information once the account is opened. Because people really dont know what are the details they should collect it from broker when account is opened.All they know is trading User id and password.Thanks

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday
I would like to understand few information. What are the things we need to collect from the broker when we open an account with them.
Like trading user id and password, Demat account number, Scanned copy of filled application form, CMR? and anything else. Please enlighten. You could also write a post so that it would be like a checklist for us to make sure if we have got all the information once the account is opened. Because people really dont know what are the details they should collect it from broker when account is opened.All they know is trading User id and password.Thanks
Hello @john302928, I suggest you download the trading account opening documents from our downloads page. On the second page, there is a full list of required documents required to open an account with us. I am not able to upload it directly because the file size is too large for Traderji.

john302928

Hello @john302928, I suggest you download the trading account opening documents from our downloads page. On the second page, there is a full list of required documents required to open an account with us. I am not able to upload it directly because the file size is too large for Traderji.
I meant after opening an account with the broker, what are the things we need to get from the broker. requesting you to read my previous post again. Thanks

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I meant after opening an account with the broker, what are the things we need to get from the broker. requesting you to read my previous post again. Thanks
Oops, apologies for that. I answer so many questions with regards to account opening that I misread your post. Anyways, you will need the following details from us (the broker):

1. Trading Account No. / Client ID / Login ID.
2. Demat Account No.
3. Client Master Report (CMR).
4. Login password for the trading platforms.
5. Login password for the back office.
6. A scanned copy of the account opening documents & KYC which are signed by you.
7. Electronic Contract Notes at the end of the trading day (If the client has traded).
8. Daily Margin Statements & Monthly reports.
9. Broker's membership IDs of different exchanges (Publicly available information).
10. SEBI registration number of the broker (Publicly available information).

Last edited by a moderator:

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Hi Tejas

Regarding account opening documents.
If one provides the BankStatements which has IFSC and Account No. Do you still require cancelled cheque.
Would a scanned image of the cheque work fine.

soft_trader

Hi, a timestamp would be really helpful. If this happens to any other stock, do let us know & we'll look into this. In the meanwhile, we will investigate why this happened for Hindalco today.
Time was 12:10PM / 12:11PM. It was working smoothly since morning suddenly went haywire. I restarted fyersone but same issue persisted only with hindalco. One thing I should let you know that the volume bar on the extreme right (which you can see on the screenshot) at that time was increasing nonstop into billions trillions........ :oops::rolleyes:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Time was 12:10PM / 12:11PM. It was working smoothly since morning suddenly went haywire. I restarted fyersone but same issue persisted only with hindalco. One thing I should let you know that the volume bar on the extreme right (which you can see on the screenshot) at that time was increasing nonstop into billions trillions........ :oops::rolleyes:
Hmm.. we'll have this checked. Kindly report to us if anything like this happens again.