General Elections 2019

What will happen ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
God forbid Mr. Swamy becoming the FM !! He is a good advocate, and that's it. Politically, I think he is just a rabble rouser. No one doubts his knowledge, but his management skills and wacky ideas are scary.

Anyway, I think that Jayant Sinha has the dibs on FM spot, if Jaitley gives it up.

PS : Goodness, that "Give it up" make me laugh :)

God forbid Mr. Swamy becoming the FM !! He is a good advocate, and that's it. Politically, I think he is just a rabble rouser. No one doubts his knowledge, but his management skills and wacky ideas are scary.

Anyway, I think that Jayant Sinha has the dibs on FM spot, if Jaitley gives it up.

PS : Goodness, that "Give it up" make me laugh :)
Lulz. One of the most respectful and successful name on dalal street disagrees with you, bro!!
As for me, I would not mind trying Swamy for let's say for 5-6 months.

But anyone but not Jaitley. CA Piyush Goyal is also not a bad choice. Quite a hands on type fella.

cloudTrader

Since I write so much in defense, I would like to make clear that BJP is NOT the best party in my view. It is just the best of the worst and Modi is overall a decent man.

He was did in by Jai-italy/Jhootley...worst worst man to have as FM. Full of ego and totally clueless.

What we have is actually a TINA problem and also a person like Modi is needed as PM given the kind of situation we have in terms of politics, economics and surrounding security scenario. Also it helps that He is Not 1 millimeter into corruption and have many other good traits.

Former PM PV Narshimba Rao also has many great things to his credit. I like this learned wily guy also, but he was a shady character. But anyway he was a patriot. Did many great great things for India.

Problem with India is it doesn't have a REAL right-wing, pro-market, pro-capitalism party like in the West.

I feel so jealous and burn so much everytime I see and hear decisive, visionary, ruthless, politically-incorrect, driven-solely-by-his-country's interests Donald Trump.

Powerful Leftist media troika of CNN, NYT, WaPo etc have damaged his global perception successfully, but he remains immensely popular locally. Masses matters, classes can shove up.

The masses care about their country and themselves - and it is here doer Trump has been so successful like no US president in history.

Just see his miraculous achievements : Record wage growth, lowest unemployment in US history, very low inflation, great US favouring trade deals, foreign policy successes etc etc - all this despite the patently fake investigation and vendetta by the Left-liberal media from the day he announced that he is running for presidency.

Due to the perception created by hate-Trump media, people are simply ignoring the miracle happening in America - but, thankfully, the smartest machine on earth called the market is not.

From a giant superpower on decline, thanks to ruinous eight year rule of clueless high-on-talk Obama, Trump has re-established the global US primacy and dominance in just four years thru his economic decisions and maverick foreign policies!! What a neta!! Take a bow!!

This is what happens when a businessman runs a country - they are already deeply into decision making, deal making and risk taking. They are not idealistic fool.

Mark my words : history will be very kind to Trump. If gets successful in bending China to do a trade deal which is more favourable to USA, he will be remembered in history as the US president equivalent of great Ronald Reagan.

Masses don't care about what "liberal" columnist writes or care about like speaking manners and all that sort of things. The masses want results and positive meaningful change in their life - and it is here Donald trump has delivered big time.

Sadly, outside USA, most people consider him as joke, unhinged, unbalanced type as most people don't care to go by data and facts but by the perception created by media and from what they hear from others.

Donald and PVN Rao are my hero.... they must be the ideal of EVERY neta - they believe in getting the job done for what they are elected for... instead of managing perception or trying to impress others....
I may disagree with your views but would like to appreciate your expressive style of writing. You can be a good columnist or maybe you are one . :up:

cinderblock

Another one from Ruchir Sharma and NDTV.

Not mentioning here pro-govt channel forecasts and predictions.
Logo ko mirchi lagegi :)

"
One sort of tradition, which I've documented in the book as well, is that at the end of each trip, the entire group sits down and - it's a very competitive exercise - we try and do our forecasts because this is a favourite game for everyone to play.
Generally, we've got the direction correct, even if the numbers have been off at times because it's so hard to call the numbers. So we did the forecast, all of us sat down, 20 of us, pretty serious-minded, like going on the trip to think about these
things, some of them obsessively. The average forecast which came out of this was about 215 seats for the BJP. For the Congress, it was about 95. But here's what the problem with this is: If the BJP ends up getting 1-2% less than less than 200 and 1-2% more in terms of votes, it could get 230

"

Last edited:

"
One sort of tradition, which I've documented in the book as well, is that at the end of each trip, the entire group sits down and - it's a very competitive exercise - we try and do our forecasts because this is a favourite game for everyone to play.
Generally, we've got the direction correct, even if the numbers have been off at times because it's so hard to call the numbers. So we did the forecast, all of us sat down, 20 of us, pretty serious-minded, like going on the trip to think about these
things, some of them obsessively. The average forecast which came out of this was about 215 seats for the BJP. For the Congress, it was about 95. But here's what the problem with this is: If the BJP ends up getting 1-2% less than less than 200 and 1-2% more in terms of votes, it could get 230

"
My guess too. Even I don't think that Congress will cross 100. Actually I think that Congress may not get more than 75 seats, some progress over the last time, but not weighty enough.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member

"

"
so loss of 50 seats for bjp ? that's what everyone except Modi/Shah are saying.

Should take holiday on 23rd... with popcorns... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.