Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

bpr

prada I am still in shock.Instead of making a new high HUL decides to make a double top and bam

@bpr, hope you are smiling seeing today's move ?
@bpr, I still hold my view. This stock will correct significantly from current levels.
prada
HUL 550 is breached again.
Hindustan Unilever- CMP-515

HUL in the recent past has gained significantly beating the market by a fair distance. The high of 550 it made last week should remain so for the rest of the year. I expect some correction/consolidation in the stock and expect it to grind lower to 450-460 levels where it should find very good support.

mkbsiva

fdi in retail is bad news for local retail players like hul and itc..512 IS SUP.. FOR HUL..
HUL and ITC are consumer goods company and they are not retail outlets...

you mean when wallmart, carrefour, and metro comes to india, wont they sell...

Bru coffee, kissan kechup, annapurna salt, Rin, Vim, surf, lux, hamam, dove...and other 50++.products of HUL???
and

all those 20+ kinds of ITC cigarette, biscuits and noodles of sunfeast, Aashirvaad atta, and fiama di wills...and many more products of ITC... ???

bad news is only for the local street shops, and small super markets located in and around us. and also for the commission agents of all food items like vegetables, pulses and other commodities.....

Last edited:

Reggie

Siva,

SevenStar is right on this.

Entry of large retail stores means margins of manufacturers such as HUL, Nestle, ITC etc. are squeezed as they have to give larger discount to big volume players such as Walmart, Tesco, Geant etc. (part of this gets passed on to the consumer, and hence cheaper prices which brings in more consumer to their store rather than the kirana shop)

Further, the retail stores introduce a similar quality but low priced generic brand (no advertising cost) which is highly profitable for them. These generic products gets a prominent shelfspace giving more competition to brands. This happens in every large retail chain.

HUL and ITC are consumer goods company and they are not retail outlets...

you mean when wallmart, carrefour, and metro comes to india, wont they sell...

Bru coffee, kissan kechup, annapurna salt, Rin, Vim, surf, lux, hamam, dove...and other 50++.products of HUL???
and

all those 20+ kinds of ITC cigarette, biscuits and noodles of sunfeast, Aashirvaad atta, and fiama di wills...and many more products of ITC... ???

bad news is only for the local street shops, and small super markets located in and around us. and also for the commission agents of all food items like vegetables, pulses and other commodities.....

Reggie

BPR,

The stock had run up significantly without any serious correction. It is far too away from the MA as well, so this is not a surprise.

Remember, the professionals will be taking their profits on the way up.

prada I am still in shock.Instead of making a new high HUL decides to make a double top and bam