my options picks intraday/delivery

nac

I was holding 6200PE @52, then today morning I decided to cut my losses and sold it at 37 :mad:
We ain't luckier, today.

Adding too many scrips in watch list (hoping I can manage), finally missed almost all the calls.

Took two short around 11 O'clock. Didn't find good to hold.. Covered one @ cost and another one @ loss.
What happened??? I was fooled... it did gone down... :(
At least I should have remembered "What the day is"... ;)

PGDIMES

You think you're smart? make way for me, buddy. I was holding 6200PE @52, then today morning I decided to cut my losses and sold it at 37

Any other horror stories to swap ?
Everyone has his story to share today... Went short in NF @ 6320 with SL of 6334...Saw NF bounced from 6300 level twice and hence squared of the position @ 6305 (could have made 5500 bucks per lot!!!)...

SG's words were ringing in my ears (though not blaming anybody for my misconception about the market:p), so went long in NF @ 6288 after it bounced from 6276 level only to square off @ 6230 when Nifty went below 6200 (loss of 2900 bucks, thankfully trading in 1 lot this time:rofl:)...

Moreover took 6300 CE @ 66 and to add insult to injury, forgot about the 6300 CE taken on Monday @ 105:mad:...

Waiting for tomorrow with a overwhelmingly bullish dream in mind:rofl:...

option fan

Hi all

What do you think : Isn't it time to think once about a clear trading plan instead always jumping in ; hopping ; discussing what direction the market maybe goes ; taking some loss ; next day jumping in again on hope and this now for over 261 post ?

Don't you think, it is may time to change the way you work ?

Who did really trade this trades with real money ? and if so, how doe's she/his account lock today ?

DanPickUp
yes its time ! ...and yes i trade with real money..:(

SavantGarde

PGDIMES,

Guess what.... while I was napping for a bit.... friend... calls up asking what is happening to the market.... looked at the screen.... & it looked...bad....

.....Quickly had a coffee..... and got round to trading the 3 accounts....first cut the position some booked profits...then shorted... everything covered everything... went long EVERYTHING booked profit .....Everything..:) then shorted....a FEW THINGS & LONG A FEW THINGS....:D

200+ trades in all... and you forgot you had a 6300 CE @ 105....what comes to mind can't be said...here....:)

SavantGarde

Everyone has his story to share today... Went short in NF @ 6320 with SL of 6334...Saw NF bounced from 6300 level twice and hence squared of the position @ 6305 (could have made 5500 bucks per lot!!!)...

SG's words were ringing in my ears (though not blaming anybody for my misconception about the market), so went long in NF @ 6288 after it bounced from 6276 level only to square off @ 6230 when Nifty went below 6200 (loss of 2900 bucks, thankfully trading in 1 lot this time...

Moreover took 6300 CE @ 66 and to add insult to injury, forgot about the 6300 CE taken on Monday @ 105...

Waiting for tomorrow with a overwhelmingly bullish dream in mind:rofl:...

alroyraj

You think you're smart? make way for me, buddy. I was holding 6200PE @52, then today morning I decided to cut my losses and sold it at 37 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any other horror stories to swap ?
It was obvious to me that the nifty heavyweights were looking weak...
Okay some advice: have the nifty heavyweights on your watch list so you can have a fair idea of were the nifty will go.
Learnt this from one of the senior members here.

Last edited:

alroyraj

Nothing is so detrimental as early success .
This malady has hit many a trader.
One can just bypass developing successful and a sustainable trading setup with clearly defined rules and adequately tested .
One just gives a bye to developing rules for different scenarios. And even worse not testing it adequately. Then one ends up parting with significant profit in a short time.