My Yahoo RealTime Data Viewer

saritguha said:
Satya,
Can you check the zip file for new install from investbulls website?
When I am trying to open the file with winzip, it is showing file corrupted ( CRC failed in stocktools.CAB)

Regards,

Sarit
Sarit,

thanks once again, yes there was problem with zip file, i fixed it. You can dowload the zip file from the website.

Note: Also, since you already installed the software, just download the stocktools.exe, the first link and copy the exe file in stocktools folder. Its saves you time and also preserves your own settings in QM.Ini and portfolio.txt.

Regards
Satya

watersigndj said:
congratulations firstly...

still to try the s/w though real time and in excitement and anticipation, have almost lost my sleep.... have it all configured and now waiting for the mkt to open tomo to try this utility in real time in AB...

i was a little out of sync with the expiry in the QM.ini... understood everything else thru the well drafted help file that u have posted on the website... could u pls elaborate on this... the changing every month and 3 months thingy...

another snippet of observation... while using the eod convertor, i could get eod data for all nse symbols but what i missed was having this data for nifty as well in Amibroker... could u suggest a way/fix to this request ?

effort appreciated !!!

Dj
Dj,

The expiry goes like this, every scrip has 3 contract futures starting from the current month. so, if you take this month July as starting.
for e.x take WIPRO, You will have total 3 contracts namely

WIPRO-JULY
WIPRO-AUGUST
WIPRO-SEPTEMBER

To Faciliate charts for Futures, what we do is take WIPRO and assing 3 names

WIPRO_F1
WIPRO_F2
WIRPO_F3

So,
WIPRO_F1 = WIPRO_JULY
WIPRO_F2 = WIPRO_AUGUST
WIPRO_F3 = WIPRO_SEPT

BY THE END OF LAST THURSDAY, JULY CONTRACTS WILL EXPIRE, AND THE NEXT SERIES STARTS, LIKE

WIPRO-AUGUST
WIPRO-SEPTEMBER
WIPRO-OCTOBER

AND CHARTS WILL BE MAPPED AS

WIPRO_F1 = WIPRO_AUGUST
WIPRO_F2 = WIPRO_SEPT
WIPRO_F3 = WIPRO_OCTOBER

Since, this is dynamic and in PIB the file name changes after every expiry, I simple created one Section

[EXPIRY]
EXPIRY1=27JUL2006
EXPIRY2=31AUG2006
EXPIRY3=28SEP2006

You need to just change these setting after every month's last thursday to rollover to next month.

The main use of this is in the section [FUTURES] we always map

SCRIP_F1 = SCRIP_EXPIRY1
WIPRO_F1 = FUTSTK-WIPRO-27JUL2006

so you need not changes the names in [FUTURES] section every time, which is tedious.

let me know, if this clears your doubts.
Regards
Satya

nareshch said:
I found that nifty data is updating realtime from yahoo .But Backfill for nifty is not working . For all others scrips in portfolio ( added them in market watch of Pib) back fill is working fine. Only issue with NSE . I think this has some thing to do with " NSE=^NSEI " as NSE is not the symbol in PIB . I added S&P CNX NIFTY=^NSEI , but still i am unable to backfill

Any advices ?

Naresh
Naresh,

thanks this is a known issue, I will give a fix.

Regards
Satya

srisara said:
Dj,

The expiry goes like this, every scrip has 3 contract futures starting from the current month. so, if you take this month July as starting.
for e.x take WIPRO, You will have total 3 contracts namely

WIPRO-JULY
WIPRO-AUGUST
WIPRO-SEPTEMBER

To Faciliate charts for Futures, what we do is take WIPRO and assing 3 names

WIPRO_F1
WIPRO_F2
WIRPO_F3

So,
WIPRO_F1 = WIPRO_JULY
WIPRO_F2 = WIPRO_AUGUST
WIPRO_F3 = WIPRO_SEPT

BY THE END OF LAST THURSDAY, JULY CONTRACTS WILL EXPIRE, AND THE NEXT SERIES STARTS, LIKE

WIPRO-AUGUST
WIPRO-SEPTEMBER
WIPRO-OCTOBER

AND CHARTS WILL BE MAPPED AS

WIPRO_F1 = WIPRO_AUGUST
WIPRO_F2 = WIPRO_SEPT
WIPRO_F3 = WIPRO_OCTOBER

Since, this is dynamic and in PIB the file name changes after every expiry, I simple created one Section

[EXPIRY]
EXPIRY1=27JUL2006
EXPIRY2=31AUG2006
EXPIRY3=28SEP2006

You need to just change these setting after every month's last thursday to rollover to next month.

The main use of this is in the section [FUTURES] we always map

SCRIP_F1 = SCRIP_EXPIRY1
WIPRO_F1 = FUTSTK-WIPRO-27JUL2006

so you need not changes the names in [FUTURES] section every time, which is tedious.

let me know, if this clears your doubts.
Regards
Satya
get it !!! basically for someone like me who only needs quotes for cash segment neednt bother abt it right?

and hey is it asking for too much if there could be a backfill in RT without PIB account/data... i mean cant we link to yahoo/nse for it... just an honest doubt?

Dj

watersigndj said:
get it !!! basically for someone like me who only needs quotes for cash segment neednt bother abt it right?

and hey is it asking for too much if there could be a backfill in RT without PIB account/data... i mean cant we link to yahoo/nse for it... just an honest doubt?

Dj
DJ,

very right, if you don't need Future's, you need not worry about it.

Coming to BackFill, Yahoo doesn't provide any intra-day backfill data. The RT data is as is basis.

So, we need to depend on alternative sources like PIB to get the BackFill data.

Regards
Satya

Hi Satya ,

What is the time frequency Pib data will be fetched in to AMi . I made my portfilio.txt simple .Only 2 scrips and 1 nifty fut . Nifty fut is not updating in realtime . If i am seeing a 5 min chart, its taking time to update the chart .Some times 2 to 3 candles( 5min bars ) will be updated at at ime . May be i might be doing wrong some where .

My settings for update are auto / 5 sec .

Naresh

nareshch said:
Hi Satya ,

What is the time frequency Pib data will be fetched in to AMi . I made my portfilio.txt simple .Only 2 scrips and 1 nifty fut . Nifty fut is not updating in realtime . If i am seeing a 5 min chart, its taking time to update the chart .Some times 2 to 3 candles( 5min bars ) will be updated at at ime . May be i might be doing wrong some where .

My settings for update are auto / 5 sec .

Naresh
Naresh,

sorry for late reply

As such there is no time frequency, it dependes on what you set in the auto mode.
the app read the PIB data and imports it into AmiBroker.

I didnot experience any delay time with PIB, anyhow, I will investigate tomorrow i.e thrusday.

Regards
Satya

Hi satya ,

I tried it on thursady and friday and i do see the Lag . Amibroker is showing that its importing pb.txt but charts are not updating . after 3 to 4 minutes the data appears . And any luck with NSE backfill ?

Naresh

nareshch said:
Hi satya ,

I tried it on thursady and friday and i do see the Lag . Amibroker is showing that its importing pb.txt but charts are not updating . after 3 to 4 minutes the data appears . And any luck with NSE backfill ?

Naresh
Naresh,

I'm not sure of what could be the problem. from others who are using havent probably encountered the problem.

try this, if luck helps

first Open AmiBroker and then Yahoo RT.

Regards
Satya