My Yahoo RealTime Data Viewer

narendra,

the problem could be sometime 2 process of AB may be running in background.

go to TaskManager->Process Tab and check for Broker.exe, if 2 instances exist, kill both of them and follow below steps.

close AB and StockTools, open AB and then StockTools.
Hi Satya,
I checked with taskmanager. No two broker.exe is running. Only one is running. I even restarted the computer 2 times and restarted AB and Stocktools as you told. But the same result. I do not know what the problem is. Hope you can solve it. Thanking you.
gvnarendra

srisara,
On yahoo finance site http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VSNL.NS ,while giving stock prices, they have added following as note

Starting September, we will no longer be offering real-time ECN data due to pricing changes by the exchanges. For real-time quotes (including real-time pre/post market data), sign up for a free trial of Real-time Quotes

Does this mean we will not get yahoo prices from 01/09/2006?
Kindly check and advise.
Thanks
I was busy and didnt check for data today . So, Whats up with yahoo ? is it providing realtime data or stopped ?

Hi Satya,
I checked with taskmanager. No two broker.exe is running. Only one is running. I even restarted the computer 2 times and restarted AB and Stocktools as you told. But the same result. I do not know what the problem is. Hope you can solve it. Thanking you.
gvnarendra
Narendra,

I dont see any reason for not updating, please attach here the process log text, so that i can verify.

Satya

Narendra,

I dont see any reason for not updating, please attach here the process log text, so that i can verify.

Satya
Dear Satya,

Here I am enclosing the log file. It is showing the datas are being updated to
the file RTdump123 file . I have also enclosed the stocktools folder picture here.I first downloaded your software on 31st Aug 06 after market hours.The first time i ran the software, it correctely created all the files with datas got from yahoo.but from the next day it is running fine but datas are not getting updated.u can see in the image that RTDataBFYahoo.. file except aug 31st is showing 0kb.

regards,
gvnarendra.

Attachments

Dear Satya,

Here I am enclosing the log file. It is showing the datas are being updated to
the file RTdump123 file . I have also enclosed the stocktools folder picture here.I first downloaded your software on 31st Aug 06 after market hours.The first time i ran the software, it correctely created all the files with datas got from yahoo.but from the next day it is running fine but datas are not getting updated.u can see in the image that RTDataBFYahoo.. file except aug 31st is showing 0kb.

regards,
gvnarendra.
Narendra,

I am attaching latest MyStock Tools, download this and copy to mystock tools folder.

Also, did you copy rt_yahoo_st.format to the formats folder of AB?

let me know, if it works,

also attach the main screen shot RT Yahoo extractor, in case we need it.

Satya

Last edited:
Narendra,

I am attaching latest MyStock Tools, download this and copy to mystock tools folder.

Also, did you copy rt_yahoo_st.format to the formats folder of AB?

let me know, if it works,

also attach the main screen shot RT Yahoo extractor, in case we need it.

Satya
Hi Satya,
Thank you for sending the latest stock tools. I have downloaded it and checked. But the same problem is persisting. So I tried with another computer. It worked fine in that. I do not know why this is happening in my computer. I reinstalled and did as you told in your help file and also instlalled the new stock tools which you sent. I copied the rt_yahoo_st.format to the formats folder in AB once again. This is the third time I am facing the same problem. Hope you can solve this one. I am also attaching the main screen shot. In the screen you can see in the log file the system and yahoo dates differ like this-ProcessYData, trd dt: Yahoo date is: 20060409and System Date is: 20060904. Do I have to change the date format? If I change the format it may affect the other softwares also?
Regards,
gvnarendra

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Satya,
Thank you for sending the latest stock tools. I have downloaded it and checked. But the same problem is persisting. So I tried with another computer. It worked fine in that. I do not know why this is happening in my computer. I reinstalled and did as you told in your help file and also instlalled the new stock tools which you sent. I copied the rt_yahoo_st.format to the formats folder in AB once again. This is the third time I am facing the same problem. Hope you can solve this one. I am also attaching the main screen shot. In the screen you can see in the log file the system and yahoo dates differ like this-ProcessYData, trd dt: Yahoo date is: 20060409and System Date is: 20060904. Do I have to change the date format? If I change the format it may affect the other softwares also?
Regards,
gvnarendra
Narendra,

can you give me your computer short date format? I understood the problem, we will resolve it without you changing the date format of your computer.

Satya

Narendra,

can you give me your computer short date format? I understood the problem, we will resolve it without you changing the date format of your computer.

Satya
Dear Satya,
The short date format of my computer is dd/mm/yyyy that is today's date is 05/09/2006.
Regards
gvnarendra