Shares Accounting Software for Tax and Portfolio Management

Hi rusk i downloaded your solution & managed to install it successfully but i dont know how do i import my transactions into it. I am having an account with HDFC securities, is it possible to use the software with HDFCsec ? Thanks in advance.
Sure, you can use this s/w for any broker. At the moment HDFCSec transaction file isn't supported, but we could add support for that.. If you could post a sample file (please keep the file as it is.. feel free to change your trade specific data, but nothing else) and I can create a mapping for you and give you an updated version for the application..

Regards
Rusk

Hi Group,

I have posted an updated version of the application. Please download the latest Portfolio.war and Portfolio.mdb from

http://sites.google.com/site/ruskportfolio/ProductFiles.

As usual, all the installation instructions are included in the Release Notes 1.2.

A quick reference to the features available is as follows:

1. Separate profitability reports for Investment, Trading & Speculative transactions.
a. Profit / Loss reported as Short Term, Long Term, Futures and Intraday. – For Income tax purposes.
2. Valuation of Portfolio as per cost basis.
3. Management of Bonus, Rights, Merger / Amalgamation / Redemption & reports
a. Retrospectively perform bonus / split processing and recalculate PL.
b. Issue Register report: Displays the details of how many shares were issued for each Account Owner, Broker and Script by Record Date.
4. Import Transaction data from broker’s data extracts instead of entering it manually.
a. Supports Sharekhan’s Derivatives, Daily Transaction (Bill), ICICIDirect Transactions, Enam Transaction extract file format for importing data.
b. Data can be imported in any order of date. Once all the data is loaded Calculate PL.
5. Calculate Profit and Loss for selected scripts
a. Profit Loss will be calculated for each script within AccountHolder, BrokerCode and ScriptCode
6. View Portfolio Summary as of any date with Opening and Closing Balance as of a specific date.
7. Drill Down to Month, Day view and view day book
8. Create Maps For ScriptCodes across several brokers so that Reliance, which maybe referred as RIL by ICIC, Reliance by ShareKhan, and Reliance Industries by Reliance can be reported under a single ScriptCode rather than 3 codes.
9. Stats Page shows the first and last date of the transaction and the number of transactions for each AccountHolder and Broker Code.
10. Funds Performance, shows a monthly grouping of Total Purchase , Total Sales and Profit Loss.
11. All Data tables can be sorted in any order.
12. Cross Tab reports for PL, Fund Performance, Portfolio Performance.
13. Segregated securities Portfolio into Investment & Trading Stock.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Rusk

Rusk Sir,

Congratulations and Thanks for this wonderful application. I was able to successfully download and run the application with the detailed and simple step by step guide.

As stated by you, the basic function of this application is to avoid manual entry. Frankly speaking I am a novice to this world of stocks and such applications. I have an account with 5 paisa, i.e. indiainfoline. They send the margin report and trade confirmation in .txt file format and a digitally signed contract note. How to import or should I download some other file in excel format.

Thanks once again for doing this service free of cost in the modern world.

May God bless you.

Regards

Rusk Sir,

As stated by you, the basic function of this application is to avoid manual entry. Frankly speaking I am a novice to this world of stocks and such applications. I have an account with 5 paisa, i.e. indiainfoline. They send the margin report and trade confirmation in .txt file format and a digitally signed contract note. How to import or should I download some other file in excel format.

Regards
At the moment there is no provision to import .txt files. However you maybe able to save a .txt file into an XL format. We could create a specific mapping for your format. Would it be possible to email the file at [email protected]

Regards
Rusk

Hi,

Sorry for that.. I 've had to take the Portfolio.war Offline to reorganize the files within the war. I have just posted another version of the .war on the product files.

http://sites.google.com/site/ruskportfolio/ProductFiles

Regards
Rusk
Hi rusk,
Thanks for the beautiful software. I followed the instruction and successfully configured all the parameters which you had mentioned in your guide which was very easy to follow. I am a futures trader and I trade in Reliance money. Can I load the contract note of futures trades to your software. If yes how?.
It is a wonderful software and thank you for this.
gvnarendra

rpc

hi all
i would like to place on record my gratitude and appreciation for Rusk who has helped me successfully configure his s/w.For last 3 days he has quite patiently helped me out.Many thanks to him.
rpc
:thumb::clap::rofl:

Dear Rusksir,
I just downloaded the software its nice but can't use it as i m using hdfcsec and indiainfoline account can u tell me how can i input the data of the brokers i m trading with.

How to User Configuration:
You can use the “Codesetup” table in the Portfolio database to configure the following:

BrokerCode: These represent the brokers you maybe dealing with. Here also, you can add as many BorkerCodes as you want. Its just a configuration.

AccountHolder: Feel free to setup as many AccountHolders and assign a sort order to them. This bit represents the Portfolio owner.

i cannot find it how to create account holder n broker code

wat exactly do u need so that i can upload my files
Hope to hear soon
regards

Last edited: