Shares Accounting Software for Tax and Portfolio Management

VJAY

Dear rusk

in xl sheet Under price which price can type..is it purchase price without brokerage or inclusding brokerage?

Awaiting you replay.....

Last edited:
Lets just make sure you redeployed the application correctly. This is sequence in which you need to redeploy. If you doubt that you might have missed any of the steps then please could you execute these steps once again and let me know if your problem persists.

1. Stop Tomcat Service (use system tray icon - select Stop)
2. Delete Porfolio.war AND Portfolio folder from the webapps folder of Tomcat 5.5 (in Program Files)
3. Copy the New Portfolio.war in the webapps folder.
4. Start the Tomcat Server ( (use system tray icon - select Start)
5. Verify if a Portfolio Folder gets automatically created in the Webapps, as soon as the Tomcat server is started.
6. Verify if Tomcat is running. (By using http://localhost:8080)
7. Open the application. (http://localhost:8080/Portfolio)

Hope this helps
Rusk
Thanks for the suggestions. It is opening now after uninstalling the apache software and clean installation from the beginning.
gvnrendra

Dear rusk

in xl sheet Under price which price can type..is it purchase price without brokerage or inclusding brokerage?

Awaiting you replay.....
Its Rate per share without Brokerage.

The Brokerage should be written as Total brokerage for the transaction and not brokerage per share.

Regards
Rusk

VJAY

Dear Rusk,
Thank for the reply.....but other costs like stt..etc not included....why?also intraday trading entry is same upload file?

Dear Rusk,
Thank for the reply.....but other costs like stt..etc not included....why?also intraday trading entry is same upload file?
For Personal Profit / Loss calculations: STT etc are just another type of overheads, therefore for simplicity, they are considered as part of brokerage and while recording a transaction, I include them within the brokerage itself.

Yes, intraday trading activity can be included in the same file. The software will automatically determine whether a txn is Delivery or Intraday.

Regards
Rusk

Dear Rusk

Thanks for replying and updating the file. I am not facing any error. However, new message has flash "No File To Upload" under Upload Tab and no further action have taken place.

I 've posted an updated version of the Portfolio.war (see http://sites.google.com/site/ruskportfolio/ProductFiles).

Please could you deploy the new Application file and let me know if you are still getting errors.

Regards
Rusk

Dear Rusk

Thanks for replying and updating the file. I am not facing any error. However, new message has flash "No File To Upload" under Upload Tab and no further action have taken place.
hi,

There are 2 possibilities for this message:
1. The browser you are using is not supporting specific server tags that are included the jsp pages (Google Chrome and Firefox Mozilla don't support the tags and therefore will not work for File upload. These browsers can be used to all other operations though.)

2. You are uploading the file from a networked computer and the Tomcat server is located on another machine. Keeping the application performance in mind, file upload is designed to work on local rather than remote machine.

Would you mind trying to upload the file using IE?

Thanks
Rusk

Dear Rusk,

Thanks for the sampledata.xl file now just i have to manually enter the data in to the sample data file and load it and will get the complete data into ur software is it right do let me know as already i have told u that i have demat with HDFC & INDIAINFO.

Hope to hear soon
regards

Dear Rusk,

Thanks for the sampledata.xl file now just i have to manually enter the data in to the sample data file and load it and will get the complete data into ur software is it right do let me know as already i have told u that i have demat with HDFC & INDIAINFO.

Hope to hear soon
regards
Yes, you can record your transactions the sample data.xls. Since you are dealing with HDFC and IndiaInfoline, you would record your transactions in 2 seperate files. One for HDFC and the other for Indiainfoline.

I am sure you have changed the values in the code setup so that you can select HDFC and IndiaInfoline during file upload.

Regards
Rusk