Some of my forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: US Index

All the indexes are directly compared and correlated to the USD. Notice the current price on the Euro Index and the EUR/USD. That is the same with all indexes and the price on the USD cross. Therefore when you take to indexes and divide the difference you come out with the cross rate.

yes even I was expecting it to go till the upper TL.... and then beyond after some retracement....

anyways whts with the Euro index... ? London opening it does fine...and they also hammer down the dollar...and then once NY opens up it just reverses....

hills_5000

Yes i do understand that... I mean... how come the EU guys think EU is more important than the USD...and then once NY opens up... its reversed... ? simple psychology? ..or is it,... u made ur money...now its time for us to make ours?

and..that..how dare u hammer down our index...u think ur better than us ...!!...is that how they play it ?

All the indexes are directly compared and correlated to the USD. Notice the current price on the Euro Index and the EUR/USD. That is the same with all indexes and the price on the USD cross. Therefore when you take to indexes and divide the difference you come out with the cross rate.

Some miscellany concerning the Euro

Hills, this post is specifically for your query. I know it was through a PM, but it was relative to our conversation here.

The small hourly and 4-hour charts really has nothing to do with the move that is taking place and that will take place. The daily is the dominant, at least for the time being, TF. Combined with the strong spike that started the week, along with strong OS conditions on the daily, it simply means it is headed higher before a new low is made.

With regards to individual currencies, it is the most OS currency no the weekly, tied with the loonie on the daily, and still is the 2nd most OS on the 4-hour.
This currency is northbound.

Your post is a rib tickler, Hills. Nevertheless, some good questions.
Many times, London decides the direction for a pair for the entire day. The EUR/USD made advances to the peak of 141 pips, about 50% beyond its range. It almost hit my WR2. It cannot just keep going in a straight line. What else would we have to look forward to the rest of the week? In addition, the 5 and 15m charts can only take so much of that pressure, and then it is going to explode within its relative realm.

Considering we were all created equal, you can turn a deaf ear to anything that says, "I am better than you."

The bears are having fun on the Euro index on the 15m and hourly right now. Wait for the daily bulls to wake up again. This is high energy for the daily bulls, so consider this a mild nap.

Yes i do understand that... I mean... how come the EU guys think EU is more important than the USD...and then once NY opens up... its reversed... ? simple psychology? ..or is it,... u made ur money...now its time for us to make ours?

and..that..how dare u hammer down our index...u think ur better than us ...!!...is that how they play it ?

hills_5000

I think I shall be able to sleep well then....:)..

thanks....though seeing my E/U position now I feel...better to take profits and run...

Your post is a rib tickler, Hills. Nevertheless, some good questions.
Many times, London decides the direction for a pair for the entire day. The EUR/USD made advances to the peak of 141 pips, about 50% beyond its range. It almost hit my WR2. It cannot just keep going in a straight line. What else would we have to look forward to the rest of the week? In addition, the 5 and 15m charts can only take so much of that pressure, and then it is going to explode within its relative realm.

Considering we were all created equal, you can turn a deaf ear to anything that says, "I am better than you."

The bears are having fun on the Euro index on the 15m and hourly right now. Wait for the daily bulls to wake up again. This is high energy for the daily bulls, so consider this a mild nap.

This is why in trading, my focus is always on the dominant TF. If I made a trade based on what I saw on the daily, then I can drive me nuts focusing on the hourly and 4-hour.
I posted a further view on this at CICR System (Currency Index Cross Referencing).

I think I shall be able to sleep well then....:)..

thanks....though seeing my E/U position now I feel...better to take profits and run...

LivetoTrade

Earlier, on a LT view, you had mentioned much lower levels for the Currency pairs, and Dave etc too were of same view.

In such a case, will the USD be the winner?

What if there are problems in the USA too? For example Debt, etc.

Why should the USD currency win?

Is that why China hoards Gold, Silver? Replacement of reserve currency?

LivetoTrade

With respect to the Eur/Usd, no doubt the Daily is dominant, but the hourly and 4 hour stoch have just turned at the OB zone.... how much downside can it take the pair to?

LTT, I have no idea with regards to your fundamental questions as FA's never enter into my analysis.

Longer term, the USD wins the day because of the overriding pressure on the monthly and weekly. Even though the current correction was very predictable because of extreme readings on the daily, it is still going against the LT flow.

That is a good and valid point in mentioning Dave's views. He is a legitimate EW chartist, while I have a complete different methodology. The irony is the principle of the move is what we hardly disagree on. We are totally independent, as we do no collaborating behind the scenes.

There is a big difference between the 2 of us. I have a much better looking dog than he has. (He reads this, and I'm dead meat--lol.)

Earlier, on a LT view, you had mentioned much lower levels for the Currency pairs, and Dave etc too were of same view.

In such a case, will the USD be the winner?

What if there are problems in the USA too? For example Debt, etc.

Why should the USD currency win?

Is that why China hoards Gold, Silver? Replacement of reserve currency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 2
U Forex 2