Some of my forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hills_5000

Aah!...you're seeing it on the hourly .. Thought that was a no no when taking decisions in forex...

Next..dont the AUD and the NZD pretty much move the same way ? I mean why isnt your take on the the two AUD pairs we are talking abt , also hold good for the CHF and the EUR with NZD?

And there you go. That's how the week ended. It is almost a cinch the WS2 will be hit next week.

Last edited:
I don't remember ever saying anything about a no no concerning the hourly. If anything, I could have mentioned how unreliable it could be in drawing TL's
I use the hourly in this case, because it was only an hour before that break that I said to watch for it, so it accentuates what I was talking about.

I sure don't like trading the AUD/NZD cross because it moves so slow. I have been short the NZD/CHF, though. The report I made concerning the AUD/CHF was the obviation I saw with the single OB/OS currencies.
Also, post number 2425 contains my MT forecast for the NZD/CHF.

Aah!...you're seeing it on the hourly .. Thoughth that was a no no when taking decisions in forex...

Next..dont the AUD and the NZA pretty much move the same way ? Imean why isnt your take on the the two AUD pairs we are talking abt , also hold good for the CHF and the EUR with NZD?

hills_5000

OK....didnt understand the red bit.

Also need to learn how to exit on an up and buy again on retracement. Example being my AUD/CHF short in which the profits retraced by 66%. So when is it a good time to exit the trade and how ...

thanks

I don't remember ever saying anything about a no no concerning the hourly. If anything, I could have mentioned how unreliable it could be in drawing TL's
I use the hourly in this case, because it was only an hour before that break that I said to watch for it, so it accentuates what I was talking about.

I sure don't like trading the AUD/NZD cross because it moves so slow. I have been short the NZD/CHF, though. The report I made concerning the AUD/CHF was the obviation I saw with the single OB/OS currencies.
Also, post number 2425 contains my MT forecast for the NZD/CHF.

I continued hanging on to my position with the NZD/CHF. I know that the pullback it made on Friday is a small glitch on the screen by comparison to what is about to unfurl. If the MT confidence factor was not there, then I would have exited once it hit the top of the 4-hour cloud. If I had taken profit at the 4-hour cloud, and had it not retraced to the point it did, I would not have know where to reenter the trade, so the choice for me was to hang on.

OK....didnt understand the red bit.

Also need to learn how to exit on an up and buy again on retracement. Example being my AUD/CHF short in which the profits retraced by 66%. So when is it a good time to exit the trade and how ...

thanks

I dare anyone to go long the Aussie and hold it for that long.

Now I'm reminded of what Smartrade and I had a conversation over. You can make the chart read anything you want it to. You can say it is going higher because of the inverted H&S on the daily (Which can be clearly seen.), or it is headed much lower because of the divergence on the monthly.

Fibo people will say it is headed lower because it retraced 61.8%, or the Gartley pattern people will say it retraced 78.6 from the original dip to the peak, and so that means it is bullish, so we are headed much higher.

This depends on how you want to filter your information.

Next stop, the Weekly Review

Last edited:
Weekly Review--120411

EUR/USD: This pair ended last week correcting the break of the 4-hour TL, and it is almost finished. The break was at 1.3337. The WS1 is 1.3312, so that level is worth watching. We should see another strong rebound after the dip has been complete. The journey back to 1.3705 and 1.3811 has not yet been complete. The WR2 at 1.3549 probably contains this week.

It was a tight week. A look at the 4-hour chart shows the WS1 and the WR1 at 1.3471 contained as the dip and peak were 1.3485 and 1.3281, respectively.

USD/JPY: There is a cluster zone from 78.51 to 78.95 that will take a strong weekly move to get through. If the WS1 at 77.62is broken, then it could be a very quick drop to the WS2 at 77.40.

The week started to the peak at 78.10, and then broke the WS1, and the hourly chart shows what a very quick drop it was as the pair kept on dropping all the way to 77.12.

GBP/USD: The WS1 and the MS1 are both 1.5504, so that contains for the week. The reversal will take the pair to the WR2 at 1.5769, and an additional move to 1.5795 could be expected.

The dip was 1.5560, then the pair reversed to the peak at exactly the WR2 at 1.5569.

USD/CHF: This pair ended last week moving north after a sharp break of the 4-hour TL. This corrective process is close to being finished, and the WR1 at .9281 should contain, before the reversal takes us back to the weekly kijun at .8941. That whole process may not be finished this week. MT, the thing to watch out for is the reaction at the weekly kijun. If it gives out, then the drop will be sharp. The monthly tenken at .9399 has not been hit yet, and it may be necessary in order to create the necessary thrust.

The WR1 did contain, as several candle spikes were the only things that penetrated it, as the peak was .9294. Other than that, the pair went sideways in a tight squeeze, as the dip was .9199.

EUR/CHF: Ever since this pair made the strong move on Sept 6th, movement has been tight with a slight upward proclivity. It is now in a strong decision point area. It has met up with the weekly DOWN TL, and it is a matter of time when this pair is going to put on another firework show. The WR2 at 1.2433 is worth watching.

The pair appeared to bounce hard from the WR2 as the peak was 1.2441., but it slowed down just as quickly as the 4-hour cloud contained the move and the dip was 1.2311.

AUD/USD: The 4-hour kijun 1.0095 should contain the initial move south. Afterward, the move north should continue to the WR2 at 1.0467, and possibly a little beyond that. After this next upside is completed, this pair is in for another magnificent collapse.

The WR1 at 1.0358 contained, as the peak was 1.0379. From there we had a sharp break to the dip at 1.0048, just 15 pips under the WS1.

USD/CAD: The moved that ended last week going north will continue to the WR1 at 1.0291. The daily tenken at 1.0036 will contain, or we head to the WS2 at .9985. At that point, the pair is trapped in the cloud, and then it heads much lower.

The dip was 1.0051, and the peak missed the WR1 by 30 pips at 1.0261.

NZD/USD: Extra strong containment to the upside is seen at .7956. That is going to yield a reversal with strong teeth. The WR2 is .7969, so that could be accomplished this week.

As it turned out the WR1 at .7865 contained, as the peak was .7877, and then the strong reversal took the pair to the dip at .7635.

EUR/GBP: This pair is trapped. It seems to want to move higher, but cant get the traction. The problem is if it keeps messing around in the low .8500s, the bottom is going to give out and it will be in for a long drop. If it heads south to start the week, then the WS2 at .8533 should contain. The reversal takes the pair back to the WR1 at .8612, and possibly the WR2 at .8639.

The WS2 did not contain but the dip was only .8495, and the peak was exactly the WR1 at .8612, so it remains trapped.

EUR/JPY: If there is a strong break of 104.08, then this pair goes sideways all week. There is cluster S at 103.69 that is also my WS1, so it should contain. Even though sideways movement would be on the agenda this week, there is still enough room for it to move to the WR2 at 105.85, or the bottom of the cloud at 106.15.

The pair broke loose of the cluster S and missed the WS2 by one pip as the dip was 102.99. That accomplished after the peak was established at 104.98.

GBP/JPY: The WS1 at 120.79 seems a little too deep for any move south this week. This pair has its eye on the WR2 at 123.05, with a projected continuation to 123.32123.82.

A look at the daily shows this pair went due east last week. With a dip and peak at 120.91 and 122.28, respectively.

BTW, this is just another point to be added on to post# 2579. After doing this for the time I have, you learn to spot those things on the fly. I'm talking about wave patterns, Fibo retracements, Gartley patterns, divergences, general candlestick patterns, and blah blah blah. I can spot them on the fly but I do not trade them. I'm still interested in what others have to say about them, but I will usually walk away with a deaf ear. If post# 2579 sounded confusing, it was meant to.
Simply put, and in regards to the conversation, the AUD/USD is in the middle of a war. It is the Gartley pattern and Head and Shoulder people against the Fibo retracement, Elliot Wave chartists, and divergence people.

Hey, I'm on a roll. I might as well keep going. The USD/AUD is a perfect H&S pattern about ready to unfold....Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 2
U Forex 2