Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apurv dear,

You know whose my "Idol" in real life from whom I draw inspiration for trading? To everybody's surprise its no investor or trader, but it is Charles Darwin. The reason is because he gave mankind one "tool" which is literally never ever followed by anyone and is more often overlooked. The tool which he gave was the "Power of Observation". The reason I am telling you this is because this entire thread and the posts which I write on this forum are reflective of Darwin's underlying belief. This thread is full of my observations of market activity. Sometimes observations come out in the form of Price analysis and sometimes in the form of Risk and Money management. Hence, I would still say that everything I use to pick stocks is already mentioned in the thread. And precisely there is nothing other than this. But, the problem with mankind is his desire to search for something Sacred by ignoring something present in front of him. This my dear is common to all traders. The one who can tame this desire is the one who will walk the extra mile.

In summary,

Timing is done by Observation
Stock selection is done by Observation
Support and Resistance is spotted through Observation
Discipline and Control is attained through Self Observation

This is my secret of success. Its not visible in form of a system or code and hence it feels incomplete. :)

Tc
Hey Raunak

The kind of efforts put in by you for this thread is really appreciable. One of the best thread on this forum (atleast for my tastes).

I hope you carry this good work ahead.

Coming to this post, i too have a similar query.like other member. That the base is still not clear to many : How do you filter candidates?

I think you did mention in one of your post

I have a custom made software for separating good fundamental stocks from rest. As far as charting is concerned, I use Amibroker along with our own custom made software. Data is taken from exchange and Viratech India.

And yes I do manually scan a list of about 600 stocks to find the right trade.
Does that mean you filter and then apply chart based TA using patterns?

Again, thanks for your posts here.

Regards
Stumper.

DanPickUp

Apurv dear,

You know whose my "Idol" in real life from whom I draw inspiration for trading? To everybody's surprise its no investor or trader, but it is Charles Darwin. The reason is because he gave mankind one "tool" which is literally never ever followed by anyone and is more often overlooked. The tool which he gave was the "Power of Observation". The reason I am telling you this is because this entire thread and the posts which I write on this forum are reflective of Darwin's underlying belief. This thread is full of my observations of market activity. Sometimes observations come out in the form of Price analysis and sometimes in the form of Risk and Money management. Hence, I would still say that everything I use to pick stocks is already mentioned in the thread. And precisely there is nothing other than this. But, the problem with mankind is his desire to search for something Sacred by ignoring something present in front of him. This my dear is common to all traders. The one who can tame this desire is the one who will walk the extra mile.

In summary,

Timing is done by Observation
Stock selection is done by Observation
Support and Resistance is spotted through Observation
Discipline and Control is attained through Self Observation

This is my secret of success. Its not visible in form of a system or code and hence it feels incomplete. :)

Tc
Hi Raunak

Here a link :

http://www.traderji.com/options/305...g-strategy-option-spreads-124.html#post479489

I had this little word game once with Savant, as we had a different Idea and way about a certain trade, as we have very different backgrounds and markets. You put in your very personal answer with your post here :

Your structured process of 'Clarity of Thought' is build up on pure observation. :thumb:. Congratulation for reaching that level.

Take care and thanks for your open minded post.

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Hey Raunak

The kind of efforts put in by you for this thread is really appreciable. One of the best thread on this forum (atleast for my tastes).

I hope you carry this good work ahead.

Coming to this post, i too have a similar query.like other member. That the base is still not clear to many : How do you filter candidates?

I think you did mention in one of your post

Does that mean you filter and then apply chart based TA using patterns?

Again, thanks for your posts here.

Regards
Stumper.
Stumper,

I understand why you say so.

Its true I use filters through a software to sort out Fundamentals. But that's the limit of it. We have developed a detailed Financial Model (not a system) which incorporates both Technicals and Fundamentals. Beyond that, it is observation at different levels at play. As traders we have a lot of time in our hands than what we assume to have. Hence, I just make use of this.

In posts its very difficult to put forward what I see. Hence some users are confused. This is precisely why I have thought of spending some live trade time with those interested.

Tc

Stumper,

In posts its very difficult to put forward what I see. Hence some users are confused. This is precisely why I have thought of spending some live trade time with those interested.

Tc
Thanks. And yes, i agree. I too face the same problem. I'm so used to seeing the charts that our subconscious mind picks up the small things which newbies fail to pickup ..something difficult to express in a two dimensional media -- like forum. Sometimes, i dont know why i like a particular chart. Cant express what made it standout of the crowd.

Thanks Mate.