Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

hi rksv,

Cover Order, MIS Order, Bracket Order

can we put these three order in same time in particular scrip,
pls tell me. it disturb one another or not..

its possible ??

pls clarify in trailing stoploss in bracket order...

for example:-

tatamotors cmp - 400

bracket order - market price
stoploss - 3 rs
target - 5 rs
trialing stoploss - 0.10 (paise)

if tatamotors reaches 405.... trailing stoploss activated?? so price up 405.10... stoploss adjusted 397.10 ??

when trialing stoploss will activate, when reaches target or starting from order??

pls tell me sir..!!

PLS PUT SOME VIDEOS ABOUT BRACKET ORDERS... IN YOUR WEBSITE.. THANKSSSSSSS

advance thanks

Last edited:
hi rksv,

Cover Order, MIS Order, Bracket Order

can we put these three order in same time in particular scrip,
pls tell me. it disturb one another or not..

its possible ??

pls clarify in trailing stoploss in bracket order...

for example:-

tatamotors cmp - 400

bracket order - market price
stoploss - 3 rs
target - 5 rs
trialing stoploss - 0.10 (paise)

if tatamotors reaches 405.... trailing stoploss activated?? so price up 405.10... stoploss adjusted 397.10 ??

when trialing stoploss will activate, when reaches target or starting from order??

pls tell me sir..!!

PLS PUT SOME VIDEOS ABOUT BRACKET ORDERS... IN YOUR WEBSITE.. THANKSSSSSSS

advance thanks
Hi,

No they will not "disturb" each other. They will be treated as separate orders. As long as you have enough margin, the orders will be accepted in the system.

The minimum value for trailing ticks for trailing stop loss is 20 ticks (or 1 rupee). That means, the trailing SL will only modify it's value when the LTP moves by 1 rupee or more (as defined by the user).

So, it won't accept a value of 2 ticks (10 paise) -- you need to enter a value that is a multiple of 20 ticks (equivalent to Rs 1 rupee multiples) for a bracket order to go through.

So yes, if you bought Tata Motors at Rs. 397 and it moves to Rs. 405, your trailing SL will get modified as long as you set the trailing ticks to Rs. 1 (20 ticks) or higher.

Yes, will let the product team know to create a video for this.

hi, rksv,

thanks for reply :) :) :)

one doubt..

tatamotors - 400
sl - 3 (397)
target - 5 (405)
trailing stoploss - 1

if tatamotors motors move to 401 ... the stoploss will move to 398 ?? or
if it reaches 406 then only trailing SL move to 398 ??
pls clarify.
if tatamotors achieved 405... position will close (when trailing stoploss is 1) or it will trail as much as ??

thanks..

hi, rksv,

thanks for reply :) :) :)

one doubt..

tatamotors - 400
sl - 3 (397)
target - 5 (405)
trailing stoploss - 1

if tatamotors motors move to 401 ... the stoploss will move to 398 ?? or
if it reaches 406 then only trailing SL move to 398 ??
pls clarify.
if tatamotors achieved 405... position will close (when trailing stoploss is 1) or it will trail as much as ??

thanks..
Hi love2trading,

Yep, the SL will move to 398 if Tata Motors moves to 401. If it reaches Rs. 406, the target will get executed at Rs. 405 and the stop loss will get cancelled. In your scenario, the stop loss will move up to a maximum of Rs. 401 (because that's when the price is Rs. 404). Once the price ticks up to Rs. 405, your target order gets hit and the stop loss will be cancelled automatically.

We just pushed out a blog post today on Bracket Orders. Take a look: http://rksv.in/2014/05/bracket-orders-oco-one-cancels-other/

escape

Dear RKSV,

While placing orders, I can see new acronyms under Validity field, what are those:
1. EOS (under Normal Buy or Sell order)
2. GTDys (under Basket order)
3. COL (under Spread order)

Also for OCO, lets assume we are long using normal Buy order, can we place later on OCO order, one for Stop Loss and other for Target, and validity as GTC?

Happy Trading.

Regards,
Escape

Hi love2trading,

Yep, the SL will move to 398 if Tata Motors moves to 401. If it reaches Rs. 406, the target will get executed at Rs. 405 and the stop loss will get cancelled. In your scenario, the stop loss will move up to a maximum of Rs. 401 (because that's when the price is Rs. 404). Once the price ticks up to Rs. 405, your target order gets hit and the stop loss will be cancelled automatically.

We just pushed out a blog post today on Bracket Orders. Take a look: http://rksv.in/2014/05/bracket-orders-oco-one-cancels-other/

dear Rksv can you add triggered limit entry order in bracket order for eg tata motors current price is 430 .I want to buy above 432 -432.30 with stoploss .for big quantity make it sure that it will execute at same price. market order lead price above entry price