Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Fine. That's a good way of hiding one's orders.

Now, why the following stoploss order didn't trigger ?? The price has moved below my order.
Hi TP,

Are you sure you placed it at the right price? SL orders will and should execute once the price crosses the trigger price. SL orders are not something where the trigger tells your NSE NOW client machine to fire an order to the exchange -- whether you are even connected or not to the exchange does not matter, an SL order will fire properly if it has hit the trigger price. So you can be sure that there's no goof up on the exchange or broker side.

Hi TP,

Are you sure you placed it at the right price? SL orders will and should execute once the price crosses the trigger price. SL orders are not something where the trigger tells your NSE NOW client machine to fire an order to the exchange -- whether you are even connected or not to the exchange does not matter, an SL order will fire properly if it has hit the trigger price. So you can be sure that there's no goof up on the exchange or broker side.
Yes I did. Twice it has happened so far. I had earlier placed a limit order, but then changed it to SL.

Yes I did. Twice it has happened so far. I had earlier placed a limit order, but then changed it to SL.
Hi TP,

That's really really odd. You can call our team to check what price/trigger your SL is at to verify that it's the same. I don't think anyone else has reported this issue today or before.

Hi TP,

That's really really odd. You can call our team to check what price/trigger your SL is at to verify that it's the same. I don't think anyone else has reported this issue today or before.
Will do.

Changed the order to "SL-M".. it got executed.

GTji

Fine. That's a good way of hiding one's orders.

Now, why the following stoploss order didn't trigger ?? The price has moved below my order.

Looks like your Stop Loss order got triggered, but the price jumped directly below your limit price. No buyers at your price. If it was SL-M order it would have gotten executed

Ahhhh that's it. Because it was not SL-M, it probably placed a limit order which can get partially/fully filled or not at all. Make sure it's not sitting in the book as a limit order.
Earlier it was "SL" order (14.45, 14.55), later it was "SL-M" order (14.6).

@ RKSV

In your website your Trading Member ID Regn: Numbers can be seen .

NSE CM & NSE F&O ID Reg: Numbers are for Cash & Futures .

What is this ID Reg: Number for ? NSE CDS: INE231394231

Also on the SEBI website I can see that you are a trading member of UNITED STOCK EXCHANGE LIMITED and also MCX STOCK EXCHANGE LIMITED , so this is really a great thing to know which I noticed so late even after being your client for a number of months now. :)

I thought that you are not bringing in plans for Commodities or Currency because for that you will have to take membership of MCX , so I was keeping lot of patience as I do understand that all costs have to be taken into account before starting a service.

After reading this info I seem to feel more anxious for new segments. :D

@ RKSV

In your website your Trading Member ID Regn: Numbers can be seen .

NSE CM & NSE F&O ID Reg: Numbers are for Cash & Futures .

What is this ID Reg: Number for ? NSE CDS: INE231394231

Also on the SEBI website I can see that you are a trading member of UNITED STOCK EXCHANGE LIMITED and also MCX STOCK EXCHANGE LIMITED , so this is really a great thing to know which I noticed so late even after being your client for a number of months now. :)

I thought that you are not bringing in plans for Commodities or Currency because for that you will have to take membership of MCX , so I was keeping lot of patience as I do understand that all costs have to be taken into account before starting a service.

After reading this info I seem to feel more anxious for new segments. :D
Hi rockyrobust,

CDS - Currency Derivatives Segment of the NSE
USE - United Stock Exch - another currency segment (partially owned by BSE)
MCX SX - So much confusion when people see our name with MCX on it. It's their currency exchange not the commodities one :)

Hi rockyrobust,

CDS - Currency Derivatives Segment of the NSE
USE - United Stock Exch - another currency segment (partially owned by BSE)
MCX SX - So much confusion when people see our name with MCX on it. It's their currency exchange not the commodities one :)
You are a member of 3 Exchanges where you have Currency trading rights :eek: and still your clients have to wander to other brokers for this segment. :down: