Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

RKSV

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS BEFORE I OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT

Q1. I already have NSE- NOW ID for f&O with other broker,
I wish to open account with you
can I have two separate ID at NOW
(One with RKSV and other with another broker)

Q2. For IPV can I send a photo of myself holding a Pan Card ?
I don't have a web cam

RKSV

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS BEFORE I OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT

Q1. I already have NSE- NOW ID for f&O with other broker,
I wish to open account with you
can I have two separate ID at NOW
(One with RKSV and other with another broker)

Q2. For IPV can I send a photo of myself holding a Pan Card ?
I don't have a web cam
1. Yes you can

2. Nope... IPV over webcam is required unfortunately. Unless you visit our offices in Mumbai/Delhi, then we can skip IPV.

@ RKSV ,

In past few months there has been a surge in the number of discount brokers offering unlimited and per lot plans .

You initiated the Unlimited Trading plan I suppose and now it seems to be the hottest feature among discount brokers. I must also admit that some are offering very competitively when we go into comparisons.

Is their any specific reason behind this surge ?

@ RKSV ,

In past few months there has been a surge in the number of discount brokers offering unlimited and per lot plans .

You initiated the Unlimited Trading plan I suppose and now it seems to be the hottest feature among discount brokers. I must also admit that some are offering very competitively when we go into comparisons.

Is their any specific reason behind this surge ?
Hey rockyrobust,

Hmm, probably they're seeing customers shift to online trading and so they realize they have to cut costs. It's going to be natural to see guys shift to online trading. And right now the only way they are differentiating themselves is purely by pricing. We get the same queries from customers today. Some guys copy pricing schemes and deduct a few rupees. Some have copied our calculator by looking at our source code and web design. Others have gone the next step and started using the terms freedom plan for unlimited trading and dream plan for per order trading too :eek:

For some people, it's a big shift and probably are taking a bet in the unlimited scheme. They see others including ourselves advertise online and assume it's the easy path to success.

Anyways, price wars in this industry isn't the answer. Once it starts and spirals down, there won't be much room to spend on R&D.

We do believe the next wave of differentiation lies in service and technology. Let's see and hope, for the sake of competition, that the others have planned ahead.

Hey rockyrobust,

Hmm, probably they're seeing customers shift to online trading and so they realize they have to cut costs. It's going to be natural to see guys shift to online trading. And right now the only way they are differentiating themselves is purely by pricing. We get the same queries from customers today. Some guys copy pricing schemes and deduct a few rupees. Some have copied our calculator by looking at our source code and web design. Others have gone the next step and started using the terms freedom plan for unlimited trading and dream plan for per order trading too :eek:

For some people, it's a big shift and probably are taking a bet in the unlimited scheme. They see others including ourselves advertise online and assume it's the easy path to success.

Anyways, price wars in this industry isn't the answer. Once it starts and spirals down, there won't be much room to spend on R&D.

We do believe the next wave of differentiation lies in service and technology. Let's see and hope, for the sake of competition, that the others have planned ahead.
I agree with your point that the next wave of differentiation lies in service and technology. Indeed the traders are maturing gradually and expectations are rising in every aspect of trading be it cost , service , training , technology . Well big leap forward will surely include technology in a big way.

I agree with your point that the next wave of differentiation lies in service and technology. Indeed the traders are maturing gradually and expectations are rising in every aspect of trading be it cost , service , training , technology . Well big leap forward will surely include technology in a big way.
Still, the pricing will always be the most attractive criterion, specially for the day traders.

Now that there are multiple brokers offering discount brokerage, it's going to start coming in mass fashion. It may not be hard to set up NSE NOW and cut prices to bring customers. But what everyone should look for is the quality of service now that everyone is on flat footing when it comes to technology.

At RKSV, one of our objectives in our mission statement is to provide excellent customer service. Many brokers will start saying this or something similar to this but we really care about this. As a customer, whether day trader or investor, money is important to you. If you have any doubts regarding your portfolio or your broker, you would immediately call or email him/her

We don't usually share statistics but will share something with you. We are fanatic with metrics on customer service. We track and improve, month to month, how fast we get to your queries and how fast we resolve them on the first try. The holding time to our call and trade desk has improved 10% since January of this year. Our response time for emails have improved 20% since inception. We have gone through three phone systems, two help desk systems and invested in numerous tracking software to keep up and beat the load.

We're not the first guys in the discount brokerage industry and we won't be the last :). There are going to be tons of guys jumping on this ship. Copying is easy but to keep innovating is difficult. Now what should also be considered is company vision, background, experience, and commitment to uphold their promises.

P.S. Before the market order question comes up, we are coming up with a solution soon ;)

But, RKSV, once the trading platform and DP issues are taken care of, the "customer service" becomes more of an efficient telephone operators system or a BPO system, with maybe 1 or 2 seniors to attend to the more serious queries. I bet 95% of the "service" required is about 5-6 regular queries (maybe margin problems, payin/payout, NOW issues, order placement etc..) which any newbie call centre attendant can be trained for. I see it for various types of "customer service centres".

In my experience, ALL the new discount brokers over last 2-3 years have EXCELLENT customer service. The only distinguishing feature being the pricing plan.

If the discount brokers are targeting high frequency/high volume traders, then the price will hold the key, because almost everyone will offer the same features - NOW platform, similar margin structures, IL&FS DP, similar pledging of holdings etc...

Just my 2c.
Now that there are multiple brokers offering discount brokerage, it's going to start coming in mass fashion. It may not be hard to set up NSE NOW and cut prices to bring customers. But what everyone should look for is the quality of service now that everyone is on flat footing when it comes to technology.

At RKSV, one of our objectives in our mission statement is to provide excellent customer service. Many brokers will start saying this or something similar to this but we really care about this. As a customer, whether day trader or investor, money is important to you. If you have any doubts regarding your portfolio or your broker, you would immediately call or email him/her

We don't usually share statistics but will share something with you. We are fanatic with metrics on customer service. We track and improve, month to month, how fast we get to your queries and how fast we resolve them on the first try. The holding time to our call and trade desk has improved 10% since January of this year. Our response time for emails have improved 20% since inception. We have gone through three phone systems, two help desk systems and invested in numerous tracking software to keep up and beat the load.

We're not the first guys in the discount brokerage industry and we won't be the last :). There are going to be tons of guys jumping on this ship. Copying is easy but to keep innovating is difficult. Now what should also be considered is company vision, background, experience, and commitment to uphold their promises.

P.S. Before the market order question comes up, we are coming up with a solution soon ;)