Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Just a quick question:

Where can I check:

Margin available
Margin Utilized

MCX, Nest.

Or do I have to log in to back office? If in back office, where?

Also, incase of spread if the margin doesn't reflect the spread whom to contact?

Incase of GOLD etc last date and time for closing positions.

I havent mentioned about losses anywhere ... and sorry may be i am wrong in seeing that trade express not working as major issue.

also yesterday first i have sold USDINR future and then clicked on SQUAREoff it worked perfectly and bought the quantity. but by mistake i have again clicked on squareoff , surprsingly it bought again as per my knowledge it shouldnt buy anymore because i dont have any quantity to squareoff. You may see my logs in your backend. thanks for myself fortunately i have noticed immediately in the positions and again squared off. all this happend in web software and i already informed to your collegues about this.

if i havent seen that qty in my positions , then i might have got loss of 25*(65.27-64.7450 yesterday Close).
Hi Sir,

We are looking into the USDINR issue. Will get back to you over email on that.

Regarding trade express, we spoke with Omnesys and it requires multiple ports to be open for live market watch.

Even without trade express, you can access our web platform and place trades.

Just a quick question:

Where can I check:

Margin available
Margin Utilized

MCX, Nest.

Or do I have to log in to back office? If in back office, where?

Also, incase of spread if the margin doesn't reflect the spread whom to contact?

Incase of GOLD etc last date and time for closing positions.
1) For margin available/utilizedYou can see that in NEST in Surveillance > RMS Limits > View Limits.

2) In MCX, if you have traded Gold spread, it won't show the margin automatically in NEST. It will show you the final adjusted amount in back office. You can see it in the Ledger Reports

3) For gold, it's generally 5 days before expiry. Link for gold is here: http://www.mcxindia.com/SitePages/ContractSpecification.aspx?ProductCode=GOLD#

Hi Sir,

We are looking into the USDINR issue. Will get back to you over email on that.

Regarding trade express, we spoke with Omnesys and it requires multiple ports to be open for live market watch.

Even without trade express, you can access our web platform and place trades.
We know without trade express i can access and place trades, but initially i have posted question here when NOW express stopped by the NSE and as a reply only you said everything will be working in the new software.

i was asking this because to get the live quotes .. instead of clicking refresh to get the live quotes... one price when placing the order and other price it executes... cant continuously click on refresh sir.. what say ??? hope understand the issue ...

other brokers which are in NEST platform already giving one extra option( in Web software) next to Trade express as Z5, which is working perfectly for the realtime quotes.

DSM

Oops. Was not aware of this. Can you please direct me to the link as to when we need to close our positions for different commodities?

Thanks.

1)

For gold, it's generally 5 days before expiry. Link for gold is here:

trade4putuval

Trade Express: Use of Applets restricted in Firewalled Environment

We know without trade express i can access and place trades, but initially i have posted question here when NOW express stopped by the NSE and as a reply only you said everything will be working in the new software.

i was asking this because to get the live quotes .. instead of clicking refresh to get the live quotes... one price when placing the order and other price it executes... cant continuously click on refresh sir.. what say ??? hope understand the issue ...

other brokers which are in NEST platform already giving one extra option( in Web software) next to Trade express as Z5, which is working perfectly for the realtime quotes.

Hi VM,

I have been noticing this conversation about using the trade express, and from the way, I understand, you are working behind a firewall.

I have been trading since 2006, and I work in a software company. Due to the firewall in my company, real time quotes do not appear on my screen, since the real time quotes may be making use of applets which requires dedicated ports to be opened in the firewall. This is not the issue with RKSV alone, it happens for all the websites mentioned in my signature. I had to make use of the refresh option in the "Market Watch" segment to monitor the price change.

So this is outside the control of RKSV technical team. It has to be addressed with your IT helpdesk, where they will open the dedicated port for the applet. This can be verified by doing the following. Try using some colleague's dongle in your office and connect to the Trade Express. It will work very beautifully and will prove that the firewall is restricting the use of applets in all professional firms.

I hope this clears the query on using the Trade Express.

trade4putuval

Z5 - Firewall Bypass solution???

Hi RKSV,

Maybe Z5 could be the solution to Firewall issues. Can you ask your technical team to analyze and let us know if it will work within firewalls? If yes, we surely need this update.

Regards,

trade4putuval

also yesterday first i have sold USDINR future and then clicked on SQUAREoff it worked perfectly and bought the quantity. but by mistake i have again clicked on squareoff , surprsingly it bought again as per my knowledge it shouldnt buy anymore because i dont have any quantity to squareoff. You may see my logs in your backend. thanks for myself fortunately i have noticed immediately in the positions and again squared off. all this happend in web software and i already informed to your collegues about this.

if i havent seen that qty in my positions , then i might have got loss of 25*(65.27-64.7450 yesterday Close).

Hi RKSV,

Perhaps I am the second person who was surprised with the SQUAREOFF feature.

I wanted to place a stoploss on the existing trade, so I clicked on the square off button. Normally I expect to see the order modification window, where I can enter the stoploss trigger and price. Upon confirmation, the stop loss order will be placed. But instead it blindly square off the deal.

Ideally, this is the feature in most of the softwares. If at all, you cannot provide this feature, we atleast expect a warning message, that the trade will be squared off at the market price. This has two advantages:
  • Existing or first time users will read the warning, and decide whether to proceed with the square off or cancel it.
  • Sometimes, the network is very slow, that the first square off click might have not been registered with the user, and he goes ahead and tries to click the second time. The confirmation or warning box will atleast ensure that his square off click has been processed, and the order is being placed.

Regards,

Last edited:

Hi RKSV,

Perhaps I am the second person who was surprised with the SQUAREOFF feature.

I wanted to place a stoploss on the existing trade, so I clicked on the square off button. Normally I expect to see the order modification window, where I can enter the stoploss trigger and price. Upon confirmation, the stop loss order will be placed. But instead it blindly square off the deal.

Ideally, this is the feature in most of the softwares. If at all, you cannot provide this feature, we atleast expect a warning message, that the trade will be squared off at the market price. This has two advantages:
  • Existing or first time users will read the warning, and decide whether to proceed with the square off or cancel it.
  • Sometimes, the network is very slow, that the first square off click might have not been registered with the user, and he goes ahead and tries to click the second time. The confirmation or warning box will atleast ensure that his square off click has been processed, and the order is being placed.

Regards,
You make a valid point. We have taken this up with the tech team and going to see what we can do to fix this on the web version.

Re: Z5 - Firewall Bypass solution???

Hi RKSV,

Maybe Z5 could be the solution to Firewall issues. Can you ask your technical team to analyze and let us know if it will work within firewalls? If yes, we surely need this update.

Regards,
We are looking to roll out an HTML5 version of web trading platform in the coming months. Will definitely see to it that such port problems don't occur.