Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

When I load any Chart from disk in Pi , say silverfuture mcx , it opens all previously saved data but it does not update any new data in that chart. Is that how it is supposed to work?

columbus

Dear Zerodha,

The one day chart still shows a blank screen. Even with the new PI.

Any ideas?
On non-trading days NO chart appears.

sach007

Impatient Trader
Pi is their BABY..... they can call it anyway... May be BETA .. THETA ...GAMA....

the way people here suggesting.. (its not the way of suggestion its.. like ordering )

Those who don't want to use Pi... can simply stay away from it... TILL it COMES to PERFECT (as per their own thinking)

When one thinks SOFTWARE in NOT USABLE... SIMPLY ONE Can do the thing .. JUST DON'T Use it.... this is what I am doing JUST testing Pi for sometime... and still not satisfied so USING NEST for Trading.

The way language is being used.... it is like they have FUNDED for this Pi development...

and they are giving CHRGES for USING SOFTWARE and SUBSTANDARD SOFTWARE is BEING given and MONEY is LOOTED by ZERODHA...

ZERODHA have their own way of working... (everybody have)

We can suggest / criticize them but using good words....and in a CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER...

Of course I also criticize many times..

Exactly , I mentioned and requested Zerodha to add release notes.

Seriously Zerodha please hire a IT consulting firm to stream line the development process.

Now, no one knows what is fixed and what new features were added causing confusion.

Also just wanted to make it absolutely clear , this is again NOT a beta version. A BETA version is the one where software is usable. Pi is not usable still. For Pi to be usable it should have proper data first.

Since Pi is trading terminal + charting app. I request you fix all issues related to trading so we can atleast move out of NEST trader. Then you can focus on the charting aspects. Really surprised no one over there has a clue on priority bugs. Since many people have been posting stability issues with NEST from past many years.

Again i don't expect you to have software consulting team onsite, but please don't make use the word BETA again.Just because Nithin says its BETA does not make it BETA.

This looks something like a final year college project executed by students. Expected more from zerodha and no more low brokerage excuses anymore since other contenders are out there now.

Hope your software dev team will learn basics of SDLC and stearmline the process with users.

Defending yourself and giving excuses all the time doesn't help anyone.

Hope you take Pi seriously and deliver a quality product.

:thumb:
Zerodha has been really clumsy with the entire development process but it's not Zerodha that's working on this. A company called Tradelabs is involved and its handled by them, company involved with financial software services... And considering the way its handled and the floating release dates, I cannot expect any professional process in this....
The problem has been with Modulus... Modulus is an advanced framework and architecture and it needs experts to customize it.... That's why the company also have their own engineers to be hired to tender to their client's needs... But for Zerodha, it will be, I guess a huge huge huge expenditure which is why they decided to give it to Tradelabs... It takes a lot of work to learn the framework and architecture and customize it but this is a lot longer than I expected.... It should have been ready within at least 6 to 10 months....

And they are taking their time for two reasons, first is the process is just too tedious for people who are working with Modulus... Second is, no matter how much we yap about their process, Zerodha is releasing a software that's gonna be a big problem to most discount brokerages and probably full fledged ones too...

Last edited:
A few problems that I reported has been solved.... Like the Fibs are right now...:) And they have added a 'X' to the tab and also to the quick box....

Apart from these, the horizontal line is not moveable yet... That should be made floating and addition of a SL-L order to the chart trading....

Exactly , I mentioned and requested Zerodha to add release notes.

Seriously Zerodha please hire a IT consulting firm to stream line the development process.

Now, no one knows what is fixed and what new features were added causing confusion.

Also just wanted to make it absolutely clear , this is again NOT a beta version. A BETA version is the one where software is usable. Pi is not usable still. For Pi to be usable it should have proper data first.

Since Pi is trading terminal + charting app. I request you fix all issues related to trading so we can atleast move out of NEST trader. Then you can focus on the charting aspects. Really surprised no one over there has a clue on priority bugs. Since many people have been posting stability issues with NEST from past many years.

Again i don't expect you to have software consulting team onsite, but please don't make use the word BETA again.Just because Nithin says its BETA does not make it BETA.

This looks something like a final year college project executed by students. Expected more from zerodha and no more low brokerage excuses anymore since other contenders are out there now.

Hope your software dev team will learn basics of SDLC and stearmline the process with users.

Defending yourself and giving excuses all the time doesn't help anyone.

Hope you take Pi seriously and deliver a quality product.

:thumb:

hehehe why are you getting so stressed. I think you are taking tooooooooo much stress much more than Zerodha itself. Relax sirji if Pi in not good someone else will some up with someother better product. Ultimately we are only gaining no?

A few problems that I reported has been solved.... Like the Fibs are right now...:) And they have added a 'X' to the tab and also to the quick box....

Apart from these, the horizontal line is not moveable yet... That should be made floating and addition of a SL-L order to the chart trading....
Yes, they have worked on it. It loads ok with the "Windows basic" theme (unlike the previous version). There's a lot to be worked on it. I think that they have concentrated on giving a lot of indicators (they mentioned 80+ somewhere). In that endeavour, they seem to have compromised the integrity.

Zerodha, this is a test software. No harm in pulling back some indicators and getting up a basic stable charting platform, with all kinds of intraday orders. You can slowly add the indicators/tools after testing each one thoroughly in your lab, testing each one individually and in combination with the other tools.

I tried the BB. Not satisfactory. Maybe it will work differently during the market hours.

hehehe why are you getting so stressed. I think you are taking tooooooooo much stress much more than Zerodha itself. Relax sirji if Pi in not good someone else will some up with someother better product. Ultimately we are only gaining no?
Being a software engineer, i take software quality seriously.

It is precisely because this attitude Indians have a bad name in the software industry.:mad: