Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

STda... I am sorry but this QUESTION from you.. (not expected)

As you are aware... that WHATEVER may be the TRADE SIZE.... 20 RS/ORDER( PER ORDER ... and NOT PER LOT) or 0.01 % whichever is LOWER...

So even brokerage for one LOT of NIFTY with 8300 (CONSIDERING only) will be 40 .. as TOTAL TRADE VALUE is 415000 so even as per 0.01% brokerage is 41.50

so minimum is 40 ...which will be charged...

As per my knowledge....
My dear friend, I am obviously missing something which you see...but I did not understand what did I do which is "not expected "from me.

Let us do the maths now. Assuming Nifty Futures value of 8300. If a trader who was trading say 50 Nifty buy and sell in one buy and sell order was paying Rs 20 + Rs 20 = Rs 40 round turn brokerage. Now suppose he trades 50 but he buys in two separate orders of 25 each and sell in 2 orders of 25 each,he pays Rs 20+Rs 20 = Rs 40 for buying and similarly Rs 40 for selling so total he pays is Rs 80 round turn. And as most of the traders trade in Nifty ( Fut or options ) and that too in small order size, what is wrong in asking for reduction in brokerage of Rs 8 or 10 for Nifty order ? To accept that or not is entirely left to Zerodha.

For traders trading is a business..and brokerage is a cost. Any business person will try to reduce his costs. So I dont see anything wrong in asking for reduction in costs. Zerodha has not responded to my post but that could be because they are thinking on similar lines or just that they dont want to accept reduction in the per order brokerage even for nifty ( as there will be demands to reduce for other scrips too) and both these are fine .

Present condition of discount brokerage is not exactly a sellers market...competition is hotting up in this space...so the competition and economics will finally dictate the outcome.

I am getting my brokerage refunded in full for last over 1 year and it does not pinch me at all. But my request was for all the members. Any reduction in cost without reduction in service quality is welcome by all.

Anyways, please let me know if I am missing some important points /issues and have a great weekend ahead.

Smart_trade

Raghuveer

Zerodha has already posted on 7th Oct that brokerage will be reduced by half after Nifty lot size reduction from 50 to 25 in this post http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/89121-zerodha-part-3-a-558.html#post1012142

Zerodha

With the lots of Nifty reducing from 50 to 25 from November,I assume the brokerage,margin ,etc required for Nifty futures, Nifty options will be reduced.

Please advise on this.

Yeah, everything will get reduced by 50%

Zerodha has already posted on 7th Oct that brokerage will be reduced by half after Nifty lot size reduction from 50 to 25 in this post http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/89121-zerodha-part-3-a-558.html#post1012142
No...not true. I have checked todays contracts. I did few trades of 25 Nifty ( new contract size) and for 25 Nifty they have charged Rs 20 as brokerage for buying and Rs 20 for selling order so total round turn of Rs 40..So Zerodha when they said "everything will become half", they are talking about margin to be half not brokerage....they are clever guys...:D

Smart_trade

rrrajguru

Pi is their BABY..... they can call it anyway... May be BETA .. THETA ...GAMA....

the way people here suggesting.. (its not the way of suggestion its.. like ordering )

Those who don't want to use Pi... can simply stay away from it... TILL it COMES to PERFECT (as per their own thinking)

When one thinks SOFTWARE in NOT USABLE... SIMPLY ONE Can do the thing .. JUST DON'T Use it.... this is what I am doing JUST testing Pi for sometime... and still not satisfied so USING NEST for Trading.

The way language is being used.... it is like they have FUNDED for this Pi development...

and they are giving CHRGES for USING SOFTWARE and SUBSTANDARD SOFTWARE is BEING given and MONEY is LOOTED by ZERODHA...

ZERODHA have their own way of working... (everybody have)

We can suggest / criticize them but using good words....and in a CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER...

Of course I also criticize many times..
My thinking also is in line with you. Rome has not built in a day & so also PI. So give Zerodha more time. It is upon us to use or not. If one is not satisfied, let him/her not use it. What is the value of crying so much ? This is not genetelmanship. If possible let us give them feedbacks, suggestions.

Thats all.

Jai Mata Di

Dear, Zerodha,

Even after second release of Pi, most common and basic indicator like "Stochastics Oscillator" is not working.
Please make it available before final release.
It is one of the most important indicators for many traders.

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.

My thinking also is in line with you. Rome has not built in a day & so also PI. So give Zerodha more time. It is upon us to use or not. If one is not satisfied, let him/her not use it. What is the value of crying so much ? This is not genetelmanship. If possible let us give them feedbacks, suggestions.

Thats all.
Finally some good words...

Exactly..!! Those of us who want to use it, will ask for Pi and its beta releases up until the actual releases... Perfect or not....
Those that don't think its perfect may choose not to use it... No one's imposing on them to use it... Even when the final Pi comes out, they don't have to....

Anyway, the current version is neat except for the data... Expecting it to be fine on Monday....

Good luck trading.......

Zerodha

My dear friend, I am obviously missing something which you see...but I did not understand what did I do which is "not expected "from me.

Let us do the maths now. Assuming Nifty Futures value of 8300. If a trader who was trading say 50 Nifty buy and sell in one buy and sell order was paying Rs 20 + Rs 20 = Rs 40 round turn brokerage. Now suppose he trades 50 but he buys in two separate orders of 25 each and sell in 2 orders of 25 each,he pays Rs 20+Rs 20 = Rs 40 for buying and similarly Rs 40 for selling so total he pays is Rs 80 round turn. And as most of the traders trade in Nifty ( Fut or options ) and that too in small order size, what is wrong in asking for reduction in brokerage of Rs 8 or 10 for Nifty order ? To accept that or not is entirely left to Zerodha.

For traders trading is a business..and brokerage is a cost. Any business person will try to reduce his costs. So I dont see anything wrong in asking for reduction in costs. Zerodha has not responded to my post but that could be because they are thinking on similar lines or just that they dont want to accept reduction in the per order brokerage even for nifty ( as there will be demands to reduce for other scrips too) and both these are fine .

Present condition of discount brokerage is not exactly a sellers market...competition is hotting up in this space...so the competition and economics will finally dictate the outcome.

I am getting my brokerage refunded in full for last over 1 year and it does not pinch me at all. But my request was for all the members. Any reduction in cost without reduction in service quality is welcome by all.

Anyways, please let me know if I am missing some important points /issues and have a great weekend ahead.

Smart_trade
@Smart, our idea is to keep the business simple. We dont' want to start complicating by things like x brokerage for trading a particular contract. Also I guess you'd agree, the person who was buying 50 nifty, will still end up buying 50 nifty in one order.

Also, don't know if it makes any difference Rs 20 or Rs 10 in today's world where minimum coin in the Indian economy will probably be Rs 10.

If we are reducing any more, Hopefully we will find a way to reduce it to 0 ;)..

Zerodha

Finally some good words...

Exactly..!! Those of us who want to use it, will ask for Pi and its beta releases up until the actual releases... Perfect or not....
Those that don't think its perfect may choose not to use it... No one's imposing on them to use it... Even when the final Pi comes out, they don't have to....

Anyway, the current version is neat except for the data... Expecting it to be fine on Monday....

Good luck trading.......
We will be putting up another installer today, and yes cleaning the data today/tomorrow. We are working on like I had said earlier, a super charged data streaming server.