Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

This is the first time im facing this problem of flickering charts.

I upgraded nest plus on 03.11.2014 and since then Im facing this problem. Its very difficult to look on charts.

It seems very few face this issue or may be fewer traders use nest plus charting facility.

If any one has sorted out the issue please share.
open a chart in nest plus if it flickers or not let u zoom in then logout only from nest plus from link in my nest accoount then log in this time ur id and psssword sud be zerodha id only in capital. like DS395 password and id both sud be same. this may fix ur prob:)

NJ23

If that link is working for you then it must be something in my pc setup ...

You can detach a tab to another window and that window can be viewed in the other monitor. Undetached tabs remain in main window.
A litte annoyance is that you have to select the tab before buttons in its context become active, it makes sense i guess but i would prefer option to have those buttons in the detached window too. Also i dindt find a way to reattach the window. Drawings get lost if i close it. have to save and load charts to keep them.

There are still many simple little things missing in pi charting ...
Exactly, those buttons should be above/below the window like the ones in NinjaTrader. A survey by the development team of the existing trading/charting/system development softwares(NinjaTrader/AmiBroker) would have given them a nice idea about what are must haves in these kinds of packages. I'm not suggesting that they didn't. Pi at this version is fairly basic in all senses(NEST with another skin). Although well received by the public, as a trading platform, it's alright but for system development or charting it isn't beyond a basic application. Now AI, that's a thing that no other trading platform has offerred in India or at least I don't know of any. But then again, for a discount broker their efforts to go to this level are commendable. Like Nithin has already said, use it with a bridge for now and give us time to give you a good platform. I guess watching it evolve would be interesting.

Oh and by the way, TracerBullet, working on a RT/Backfill utility for Pi?

Last edited:
Hello and Greetings to Zerodha and all Members

few questions.

if i am trading in lower time frames then i should see the ticks (price) and graphics on screen without or min delay right.

i need the following details

1. Time Delay for ticks / chart graphics in windows based installed apps and web based apps
2. do you have any demo i can look online web based?

Greetings to all members,
Trading with zerodha for over a week and made 25% of my capital as a profit :clap:and blew it all in just 2 wrong trades:mad: so stayed away from market for two days, watched the trend and bought a cnx 500 company as delivery.My question I bought them on 5/11 can i sell it on next trading day:confused:I understand the risk of short delivery? but i want to know the chances like 1 in 1000 or something. Is there risk of short delivery if i sell it on the 2nd trading day after i bought the stocks? the stock i bought is jppower and i think it potential is for 3 to 4 trading sessions. please give me advise.

Hello Zerodha and TJ members, please help me understand the margins.

If I want to buy 1 lot BNF intraday then :

1) How much margin will I need using MIS order.
2) How much margin will I need using Cover order.
3) How much margin will I need using Bracket order with, say, 60 points SL.

I have never used cover orders and have not much idea how it works. I use bracket orders regularly (but not for BNF).

Zerodha

Hello and Greetings to Zerodha and all Members

few questions.

if i am trading in lower time frames then i should see the ticks (price) and graphics on screen without or min delay right.

i need the following details

1. Time Delay for ticks / chart graphics in windows based installed apps and web based apps
2. do you have any demo i can look online web based?
What you see on the chart is as live as it can be. But that said, you need to remember that this data is being sent to you via internet, so there could be a second delay in this whole process. We are hoping that our new data server solution, should make Pi faster than other retail platforms out there.

NO demo as of now.

Zerodha

Greetings to all members,
Trading with zerodha for over a week and made 25% of my capital as a profit :clap:and blew it all in just 2 wrong trades:mad: so stayed away from market for two days, watched the trend and bought a cnx 500 company as delivery.My question I bought them on 5/11 can i sell it on next trading day:confused:I understand the risk of short delivery? but i want to know the chances like 1 in 1000 or something. Is there risk of short delivery if i sell it on the 2nd trading day after i bought the stocks? the stock i bought is jppower and i think it potential is for 3 to 4 trading sessions. please give me advise.
Check this post http://zerodha.com/z-connect/queries/stock-and-fo-queries/btstatst-buyacquire-today-sell-tomorrow

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha and TJ members, please help me understand the margins.

If I want to buy 1 lot BNF intraday then :

1) How much margin will I need using MIS order.
2) How much margin will I need using Cover order.
3) How much margin will I need using Bracket order with, say, 60 points SL.

I have never used cover orders and have not much idea how it works. I use bracket orders regularly (but not for BNF).
1. For MIS 40% of the Total margin which is around 16k.

2. For CO and BO. use this to calculate: https://zerodha.com/margin-calculator/BracketCover/. If you keep a 60 point stop, margin required is around 8000