Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Trader J

Hello Zerodha,
I used to trade 1 lot NF and the brokerage and taxes used to around rs 122.
Then I traded 2 lots NF,so the brokerage and taxes was rs 195.

Now,the Nifty lot size is 25,so I need to trade 4 lots.so how much will be the brokerage and taxes assuming I buy at 8390 and sold at 8402??

If its flat rs 20,then its very costly.

thanks
Forget about new lot size..Just put your order as before like 50, 100 etc (In multiple of 50) , you will not feel in cost difference.

With some things that came to my KNOWLEDGE... I have realized... that this NEST PEOPLE ... as after taking over by REUTERS....

1. Either this may be their steps towards not giving people these charts free... and getting revenue from it.

2. Or if they are doing something that is going worst.

I have seen this happening with most of the brokers using NEST.

Installed version 3.11.2.1 with nest plus 2.9.0.0 and the problem continues - no plus charts and order book not updating. In the meanwhile Equity and FO charts are loading comfortably.

Another problem which has happened a couple of times in the last few days --- Put in a limit order and it will not update in the order book.' Reconciliation, display all trades' nothing works, and I have to logout and login from ZT to see the pending order in the book.

Compared to their competition offering more economical fixed monthly plans, Zerodha is good only because of their 60 day challenge. And in the last 20 days they have wasted 3-4 days of the challenge due to such technical faults. Had I not been with them since 2011 I would have guessed they are using the Quant tool to figure out the most profitable days for the majority of their customers and disrupting service basis that.

Hope Zerodha takes note and returns to its former glory.

Zerodha

Installed version 3.11.2.1 with nest plus 2.9.0.0 and the problem continues - no plus charts and order book not updating. In the meanwhile Equity and FO charts are loading comfortably.

Another problem which has happened a couple of times in the last few days --- Put in a limit order and it will not update in the order book.' Reconciliation, display all trades' nothing works, and I have to logout and login from ZT to see the pending order in the book.

Compared to their competition offering more economical fixed monthly plans, Zerodha is good only because of their 60 day challenge. And in the last 20 days they have wasted 3-4 days of the challenge due to such technical faults. Had I not been with them since 2011 I would have guessed they are using the Quant tool to figure out the most profitable days for the majority of their customers and disrupting service basis that.

Hope Zerodha takes note and returns to its former glory.

When we partnered Omnesys, we were aware that they were one of the best tech companies in India that serviced the stock markets. It was a conscious choice which was made after a lot of deliberation with other vendors, so we can only imagine how much scope for improvement exists in this industry. Omnesys uses a lot of legacy systems which can make both users and support engineers throw their hands up in the air and ask for divine intervention.

Nest Plus updates are almost impossible to make without having a bad adventure somewhere along the way, so we've given multiple instructional posts on traderji, Z-Connect, etc. to help users. Let me reiterate what needs to be done below... Hopefully, by the next release of Nest Plus all of us will be using Pi. :)

----*****-----
It's very important to note that if you are a Zerodha client who has been mapped on Nest Plus directly you will see black charts and you will be able to automate your trades using algoZ....

Note that if you're seeing white charts, it means that you have a basic version of Nest Plus which may be showing you unclear data. If you are having problems doing a clean update of Nest Plus, please read on...

Kindly follow the below procedure in order to upgrade your Nest Plus plugin:
Download the Nest Plus 2.9.0.0 (zip) file from this link. Ensure you're using Version 3.11.2 of Zerodha Trader. Do NOT use the older version.

Once downloaded, you will have to unzip the folder, then open the folder Nest Plus 2.9.0.0 and copy all the contents.
Go to C://Program Files/Omnesys/NEST3 or C://Program Files(x86)/Omnesys/NEST3 and paste all the copied contents into it.
While pasting the copied files, you will get a prompt "Confirm Folder Replace" for which you have to choose "Do this for all current items" and click on Yes. Once you've clicked on Yes, another prompt to Copy File would pop up for which you have to tick "Do this for all conflicts" and then select the Copy and Replace option.

Once the above procedure is followed, your Nest Plus plugin would be upgraded and you should see black charts.

Note that all of Zerodha's clients are automatically registered on Plus to get additional features. To check if you're registered on Plus as a Zerodha Client, do this:

1. Go to Nest Plus* > My Nest Plus Account > Plus Dashboard on Zerodha Trader
2. On Plus Dashboard check if your client ID shows up on top. If it does, great.
3. If your client ID doesn't show up, choose "Logout/Login with new Plus ID" and key in either of the following:
a. username: CLIENTID or ZERODHA_CLIENTID
b. password: CLIENTID or ZERODHA_CLIENTID
*Note: This works only on your Zerodha account. If this still doesn't work, please feel free to write back our call our support number.

God bless!

sach007

Impatient Trader
The problem with this NEST PLUS CHARTS is ... its very annoying its CONTINUOUSLY BLINKING... and can not able to do functions like zoom zoom out easily.....

Since last few days a new issue with ZT has come up, it getting frozen regularly and have to end it through task manager..needless to say how irritating it gets when you are in middle of a trade and the terminal freezes...
anyone else facing this issue ?
everyday new issue, should we be spending time in trading or just managing the terminals ?

sach007

Impatient Trader
Vertigo... for me atleast this type.. of problem is not occurring

I mean freezing ... hanging ZT...

But yes... the problem with this NESTPLUS and charts is there... but today I see the charts of PLUS are going smoothly...

The problem with this NEST PLUS CHARTS is ... its very annoying its CONTINUOUSLY BLINKING... and can not able to do functions like zoom zoom out easily.....
Also, on smaller TFs (3-4 min), there is something hinky about the way one bar ends and other one is formed.. the current bar is simply not believable.