Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha

Is it possible to increase session timeout in NOW ?

I don't like to login and reconcile everytime if system goes idle for few minutes..

So I want to increase session timeout. Can you suggest a workaround ?
No workaround for this, apparently some mandatory security feature enforced by SEBI..

Zerodha

dear Zerodha
i have a question regarding margin for nifty futures intraday.

Suppose i buy 1 lot NF at 5000. I want to place sell target for 5020 and a SL order for 4980. How much margin would be blocked in zerodha? This is for intraday trade. what is the most efficient way to utilise margin for this trade?

Intraday trade on ZT has to be placed using MIS, if you do it you require 40% of total overnight margin..

Today, overnight nifty margin is around 28k, so you need 12k for intraday.. If you have this much you can buy and then place both selling and SL orders without needing any extra margin...

Exchange issues we are facing before enabling.. According to exchange, the fund has to go back to your bank and then come back to commodity or vice versa..

We are waiting for approval from them as what we are doing will be keeping the exchange regulation in mind..

There was a recent SEBI order, where they had penalized a very big broker who was letting both trading happen on the same ledger..
can you post just the weblink or full text of the sebi order here?

BSE fno trading is live for a few days.. BSE equity trading could be any day now...

Send an email to [email protected] with your client id.. If you have opened account recently you don't need to do anything, but if it is a while, you will have to send us the second sheet of the BSE activation letter on the download section of our website..

Once done, you can send email to pledge stocks, until our backoffice pledging interface is up and running...
Sachin,

I have sent all the required forms last saturday and hopefully you should receive them today. please dont forget to activate BSE equity in my account.
I want to get rid of my ICICI account asap. They are worst than leeches. I never thought that there would be a day where i would be able to close my ICICI account that i have been trading for 8 years. Their customer service is WORST. Their website is PATHETIC. Though i paid lakhs of brokerage they treat very badly and i just dont want to give any more of my money to them.

Great job guyz!!!
Srinivas Pola.

Zerodha

can you post just the weblink or full text of the sebi order here?
http://fmc.gov.in/docs/Guidelines/Guidelines/Let-exch.-client reg.form - 1.pdf

Section 3 point number 4 under c..

This is the FMC guideline which says we can't take any authorization to adjust funds between equity and commodity exchanges..

There is a similar order from SEBI, not able to find, but will put it up..

Most of the bigger ones have completely stopped this.. What we are trying to do is in a grey area and didn't want to do it and then go against the exchanges..

Cheers..

Zerodha

Sachin,

I have sent all the required forms last saturday and hopefully you should receive them today. please dont forget to activate BSE equity in my account.
I want to get rid of my ICICI account asap. They are worst than leeches. I never thought that there would be a day where i would be able to close my ICICI account that i have been trading for 8 years. Their customer service is WORST. Their website is PATHETIC. Though i paid lakhs of brokerage they treat very badly and i just dont want to give any more of my money to them.

Great job guyz!!!
Srinivas Pola.
Srinivas, about your other query, I should have sent you an email, but now that you are online thought will also help others if I can post it here..

According to exchange, we need to deduct the haircut based on the VAR margin file given by the exchange.. According to this the haircut for liquid bees is 10%.. So if you have 1lk of liquid bees, we can give you 90k as margin.. If we give you any margin more than this, it amounts to what is called as margin funding.. We understand that there is no real risk with liquid bees, but we are still forced to go by the exchange haircut.. As you must be aware, we stay away from any margin funding activity, this is what usually causes trouble when market goes kaput..

Cheers,

summasumma

Hi Zerodha,

Is trading in MCX-SX currency exchange available in zerodha now?
If not, is there any plans for it in near future?

Also if I enable trading in commodities using MCX in zerodha, does it automatically mean that i can trade in MCX-SX currency as well?

Please Clarify.

Thanks,
...summasumma

I just opened Zerodha account. I am able to login in trading section but not in backoffice.
Although I had done everything including change of passwords & 2A authentication( 5questions).
Also how to login on www.nowonline.in? What is member id & userid?
waiting for urgent reply.

Zerodha

I just opened Zerodha account. I am able to login in trading section but not in backoffice.
Although I had done everything including change of passwords & 2A authentication( 5questions).
Also how to login on www.nowonline.in? What is member id & userid?
waiting for urgent reply.
Since you are already trading on Zerodha Trader, you won't need nowonline.in..

You can trade using the software version or the webversion, trade.zerodha.com..

Send your client id to [email protected], we will get someone to call back and give you demo...

Status
Not open for further replies.