Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal, yes it is because a lot of brokers do it..

But is it right? No it is not...

Ideally, once you pledge the stocks(NSCCL), NSE releases margin after haircut which is in turn provided to you.. So if you pledge 1lk of stocks, you might get 70k to take positions in f&O...

You are saying that you keep a cash balance. This should be good for any mtm loss also..

Ideally there should be no interest charge on this..

Interest can be charged, only when you don't have enough funds either as cash or as collateral and the broker funds it from his own funds..

Thanks for this. Any suggestion on the brokerage houses which do not charge Payin Charges in this way?

megapixel

hi Zerodha

Could you please show the calculation part which you'll put in F&O Margin Statement ?

First trade
suppose I buy 1 lot of Nifty on day D1 . Buy value = Rs 10,000 and sold after one week on day D2 with Sale value = Rs 6000 bearing the loss .

What would you put for T-1 Day bill in Margin Statement of F&O segment after day D1 ?

What would you put for T-1 Day bill in Margin Statement of F&O segment after day D2 ?

Second trade
suppose I buy 1 lot of Nifty on day D3. Buy value = Rs 12,000 and sold after one week on day D4 with Sale value = Rs 14000 enjoying the profit.

What would you put for T-1 Day bill in Margin Statement of F&O segment after day D3 ? ( involving earlier cases)

What would you put for T-1 Day bill in Margin Statement of F&O segment after day D4 ?( involving earlier cases)

And Finally at the end of D4 day What would be final T-1 bill in Margin Statement of F&O segment ?

N.B: These are not real trades ..only demo cases to understand the calculation part.

Last edited:

absolute.zero

Zerodha

Earlier, there was a link in Zerodha website for downloading MS Excel Brokerage Calculator, but I am unable to find that now. I need the calculator in MS Excel form. From where I can download the same?

Just curious, what is the maximum number of Nifty Futures contracts that can be bought by a single client with Zerodha? (Not that I plan to cross it, just curious):)

Just curious, what is the maximum number of Nifty Futures contracts that can be bought by a single client with Zerodha? (Not that I plan to cross it, just curious):)
Then add one more thing in your "curiosity", HOW MUCH AMOUNT ONE CAN WITHDRAW AT A SINGLE TIME (Never be able to reach to that limit, but just curious), THOUGH SERIOUS ABOUT IT TOO :D

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

I got to know from your team that at EOD I need to have 30% of the trade in cash always (70% of trade in collateral) and then extra cash for M2M. Can you please confirm how is the risk management handled?

What if I have collateral equal to 100% of trade and also maximum 30% trade in cash as balance. Obviously I will be allowed to take the trade. But what happens near the EOD if I am facing M2M loss which is within the limits of 30% cash. Will it be cut from the cash or should I bring in more cash for M2M?
Once the margins are set in your trading account, it is considered with same rules as those who haven't given collaterals..

So if your margin is showing 1lk, with 70k from collateral and 30k from cash, our RMS team would consider this as just 1lk balance..

Zerodha

You can buy 300lots at a time.. What is the maximum that an individual client can buy, I think NSE regulation says 2.5% of the contract open interest..

Status
Not open for further replies.