Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha, since your turnover is increasing, by when can we expect some moderation in transaction charges?

It pinches a lot..... and quite of bit of savings in brokerage is givenup for transaction charges. We are paying 240/crore at another brokerage, and 530/crore with you. Though we are saving about 900/crore on bkg, we are paying about 300/crore more on transaction charges.

How soon can we expect a rationalisation in charges?
Edit/Delete Message
Hi Sumo, 240 is charged only by brokers who are self clearing, like icici, hdfc etc, but you would know the brokerage these guys charge... The range for other brokers though is between Rs 300 to Rs 600... Indiabulls has two structures, around 350 for some and 600 for others, was just going through rmoney and bma wealth, they are Rs 600 , religare around 500, and so on.... With the turnover increase we are planning to reduce by around Rs 50 or so... The issue here is, we want this volumes to sustain for a few months before we can do it...

btw how has trading been?? Markets are doing weird jigs!!! :)

Hi Sumo, 240 is charged only by brokers who are self clearing, like icici, hdfc etc, but you would know the brokerage these guys charge... The range for other brokers though is between Rs 300 to Rs 600... Indiabulls has two structures, around 350 for some and 600 for others, was just going through rmoney and bma wealth, they are Rs 600 , religare around 500, and so on.... With the turnover increase we are planning to reduce by around Rs 50 or so... The issue here is, we want this volumes to sustain for a few months before we can do it...

btw how has trading been?? Markets are doing weird jigs!!! :)
Appreciate your answer. As for trading, am surprised at the lack of movement in the markets, and the month has been a great tutor on how to handle range bound movements.

comm4300

probably a silly question...but here goes...

you have auto-square off feature that runs around 3.10 [or3.00pm]; does this also apply to the option that i have written, which i haven't squared off?

assuming that i only have enough margin for writing options intraday and not for overnight.

thanks.

Zerodha

probably a silly question...but here goes...

you have auto-square off feature that runs around 3.10 [or3.00pm]; does this also apply to the option that i have written, which i haven't squared off?

assuming that i only have enough margin for writing options intraday and not for overnight.

thanks.
Hi Comm, Unlike a buy position on option, for writing options exchange has SPAN+EXPOSURE margins... You get a leverage here from our side when you are doing it intraday(again at 40% of total margin required).... You would have to have enough margins to hold the short position on option overnight otherwise it will be auto squared off...

Dear Zerodha

If you are an authorized person for zerodha, then I would like to know more about your firm, brokerage plans, and about branches. kindly reply
presently I am trading with angel broking

Pl. see the attachment.

How can I change this file? Can you please elaborate the steps.

Presently I use TATA connection, but sometime I do use BSNL too , what steps will I need to take when I switch connections, if any.

Pl. see the attachment.

Presently I use TATA connection, but sometime I do use BSNL too , what steps will I need to take when I switch connections, if any.

SHEKHAR

Last edited:

Zerodha

Pl. see the attachment.

SHEKHAR
Hi Shekhar,

It has to do nothing with your broadband connection,

data from NSE to your terminals are carried by optical fibres... NOW presently has 3 vendors, bharti, bsnl and tata .... Your NOW folder has a .ini file , this .ini file decides through which of the 3 vendors you are receiving data from the exchange... NOW has cancelled its contract with bsnl, so if you are using bsnl, you can login to the download center copy the new .ini file and replace it on the now folder.... We have from the beginning not given our clients bsnl ini file, so you should be alright.... You would not have to worry about it, it has nothing to do with your broadband connection.... Hopefully it clarifies...

Status
Not open for further replies.