Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hi Sachin,

Apart from the regular charges taken by other brokers, I have come across another charge called 'Sebi Charges' in your ECN. What is this? It's not mentioned in your brokerage calculator as well.
Hi PGD, sebi charge is Rs 10 per crore, it is included in total transaction charge on brokerage calculator...

Loved your some like it hot and some like it cold statement!!!! ;)...

Cheers

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha,

In case of NRI's the form has asked for items a to f (bank statements, salary slips, address proofs etc.). Are all these required?

Alternatively, lets say that I am a resident of India now, but just maintaining NRO accounts for next two years (as allowed by law) and will trade from local NRO account. Dont have most of the asked items. Hope this suffices. Let me know
If you are linking a NRO bank account, you would need to open the bank account in the NRI category and all those documents would be required....

But, assume you have another ordinary SB account in India, you can open the account as an ordinary indian account!!! ... I am hoping you get my hint!!! :)

Zerodha

Sachin,

When we click "RMS View Limits" in NOW and then add "CNC Brokerage % " I am getting "1.00"....What is this ?

I have opted for 20 Flat for Cash/F&O...

Regards,
Raju
Hi Raju, the brokerage % is a default number nothing to do with your brokerage plan with us!!! It shows 1 for everyone!!! You can right click and say reposition columns and remove all the unwanted heads!!!

msa5678

Hi Zerodha,

Starting from 04-Jul-2011 to 22-Jul-2011. I traded 48 lots of Mini Nifty, Some days a couple of lots some days more than that. I can provide a breakup if you need. For these trades I was charged a brokerage of around Rs. 4013.76, averaging a Rs. 83.62 per 1 lot of Mini Nifty.

My doubt is it is way above the Rs 20 brokerage you people are advertising. Is there a mistake in my calculations or am I missing something. Please clarify.

With Regards:):)

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

Starting from 04-Jul-2011 to 22-Jul-2011. I traded 48 lots of Mini Nifty, Some days a couple of lots some days more than that. I can provide a breakup if you need. For these trades I was charged a brokerage of around Rs. 4013.76, averaging a Rs. 83.62 per 1 lot of Mini Nifty.

My doubt is it is way above the Rs 20 brokerage you people are advertising. Is there a mistake in my calculations or am I missing something. Please clarify.

Hi MSA,

There must be some confusion here, can you send your client id to [email protected] !!!Will get in touch with you regarding this!!! Rs 20 is only the brokerage, there are other taxes like STT, turnover, stampduty and etc!!!
If you bought and sold only 1 mininifty at a time, you would have spent, 48 X 20 = Rs 960 as brokerage.... Taxes and other charges would probably be another 1000 etc...hmmmm!!!! Or if it is 48 lots buying and 48 lots selling and you bought and sold only 1 mininifty at a time , then brokerage would have been 960 buyin and 960 selling, so around 2200 including service tax... in this case you would have generated 1.1crores turnover(assuming nifty at 5600)... STT is Rs 1700/cr(selling), turnover-sebi-nse etc (Rs 540/cr) ... You would have paid around 1700 as these charges.... So this way you would have paid around 4000 in all!!!!! We Should all Pray for reduction in STT!!! Only way business will pick up on futures or otherwise similar to US we will all be trading only options in the coming years!!!

Hi Zerodha,

Minifty is not viable with 20 rs per trade option, dear. If you want to trade minifty, ask them to switch your account to 1 paisa brokerage.

The benefit kicks in ONLY after you have traded 50 nifty on that particular day.

msa5678

Minifty is not viable with 20 rs per trade option, dear. If you want to trade minifty, ask them to switch your account to 1 paisa brokerage.

The benefit kicks in ONLY after you have traded 50 nifty on that particular day.
Hi SS,

Any idea how much brokerage will be charged for 1 lot Mini Nifty under 1 paisa brokerage.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.