Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

recently a message flashed multiple times stating that BSNL users need to download TATA.INI file to be able to log in from Monday.

Can you furnish the link where this ini file can be downloaded...!

Thanks...!
data from NSE to your terminals are carried by optical fibres... NOW presently has 3 vendors, bharti, bsnl and tata .... Your NOW folder has a .ini file , this .ini file decides through which of the 3 vendors you are receiving data from the exchange... NOW has cancelled its contract with bsnl, so if you are using bsnl, you can login to the download center copy the new .ini file and replace it on the now folder.... We have from the beginning not given our clients bsnl ini file, so you should be alright.... You would not have to worry about it, it has nothing to do with your broadband connection.... Hopefully it clarifies...

Zerodha

hi
1. is there any system check how much share can be pruchased with balance money in intraday margin trade

2. how to check trade of specific period on nowonline software
Hi Banni, if you go to surveillance and click on rms limits view, you can see the balance, it will show how much money, how much used and etc... it will show the amount available!!! do go to youtube and search for askzerodha, shows video on a few of these things!!!

For checking any historical report, please login to backoffice, the backoffice login and password would be in the welcome letter!!!! now would show you only present day reports!!

Cheers..

Zerodha

This is my query to Zerodha/Sachin or whoever can help me.

When I check my bill, for 5 trades I am paying 100 rs as broker but my total expense is above 772. which is seven times the brokerage paid. Agreed STT is a huge contributor but in my bill detail there is something called transaction charge which is 32% of my total expense.( more than 200) .
Could you explain the nature of this charge pls? Am I giving up some part of my brokerage saving...what am I missing?
Hi, This is the biggest query we are asked, why is stt so much more, transaction so much more and etc!!! When you look at your mobile bill, we usually look at the biggest component on the bill and ignore all the others!!! The issue with our contract note is STT and other charges are bigger than actual brokerage and hence suddenly everyone notices these charges!!! Transaction charges vary between brokers, from 300 to 600/cr based on the brokers turnover and etc!!!! With us it is around Rs 500/cr!!!!

We had a client who was trading with rmoney who walked into the office, he had bought and sold 1000 nifty futures, so brokerage was showing only Rs 40... this was turnover of around 1cr, so STT was showing around 900 and transaction around Rs 500, he was all agitated about how we charge all these extra charges!!! When we took his rmoney contract note and showed him the same charges(rmoney charges 600/cr), ,he was like hmmmm!!! I never saw that before.... he was just looking at the Rs3000 that was showing as brokerage and ignore all the other charges!!! ... But yes, we might be expensive by 100 bucks/crore when compared to a few of the brokers, which will keep narrowing as and when we grow our business!!! Cheers!!!

Zerodha

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I do have a regular account at Axis bank, but this is a joint account with me as the first holder (cheques will have both holders names). Hope this will suffice? (and no requirement as such from second holder?)

I also want to know what is the total cost to trade Nifty Futures on Zerodha, incl. brokerage, taxes etc. for both legs. Please let me know.
Yes no issues if it is a joint account!!!

Breakeven for nifty fut: 1 lot-2.6 , 2 lots - 2.1points , 3 lots -2points, 10 lots- 1.8points and so on!!!

Yes no issues if it is a joint account!!!

Breakeven for nifty fut: 1 lot-2.6 , 2 lots - 2.1points , 3 lots -2points, 10 lots- 1.8points and so on!!!
How?

Brokerage 20+20 = 40
Service tax 7
Transaction chg 30
STT 47
Stamp Duty 50
Total 174 Rs for 50 nifty. Thats 3.48 Rs. This is from my contract note.

How do you have 1 lot be at 2.60 ???????????????????

Zerodha

Zerodha team :

eagerly waiting for August end for your MCX trading to start.

would you offer web based trading apart from ODIN;?
RKG does, hence the question.

with almost 12 hour trading window on commodity market, this would be beneficial for people trading from places where ODIN cannot be installed.

thanks.
Yes, you will have access to both webbased and software based!!! The technology setup we are arranging at the backend, should give you a positive surprise on the odin front end!!

Status
Not open for further replies.