Lost Huge Money

Well what is the profit left in 1.5 - 2% price upmove after paying around 1.25% of brokerages and worse when we have to take a loss next morning:confused::confused:
you are right, but there are other brokers who give you 0.00 to 0.015 brokerage.

1. rkglobal unlimited (need confirmation from someone from rkglobal users) delivery/intraday 0 brokerage for 999 per month.
2. Reliancemoney 0.01
3. Religare 0.15 delivery(trump plan) 0.00 for freedom plan (delivery upto 10,000)

very enlightening thread, indeed!

I have tried all of it. day trade, futures, short term delivery based etc... I think one would derive his own strategy after trading for some time and of course loosing some money too :)

Take any kind of trade, and any strategy...the devil is in the details! it is bound to take. There is no single strategy that will always make you money. Rather, its never the strategy at fault, but it is our (traders) greed and fear which takes money out of our pockets. Accepting losses at times and moving ahead with a lesson is the best strategy, let the trading instrument be any of the available.

Happy Trading!!!

you are right, but there are other brokers who give you 0.00 to 0.015 brokerage.

1. rkglobal unlimited (need confirmation from someone from rkglobal users) delivery/intraday 0 brokerage for 999 per month.
2. Reliancemoney 0.01
3. Religare 0.15 delivery(trump plan) 0.00 for freedom plan (delivery upto 10,000)
1. I have rkglobal account for FnO. @ Rs 9/- per lot, any scrip
brware- rkglobal's online trading system will be blocked for many networks. My network admin told me some technical issues which usually are are not allowed in a firewall..obviously for security purpose. Otherwise this offer is really very good.

2. religareonlie system is toooo slow...I have a race account with zero brokerage for a month for a cost of Rs 500/- per month. this really works too. but the system is a headache.

very enlightening thread, indeed!

I have tried all of it. day trade, futures, short term delivery based etc... I think one would derive his own strategy after trading for some time and of course loosing some money too :)

Take any kind of trade, and any strategy...the devil is in the details! it is bound to take. There is no single strategy that will always make you money. Rather, its never the strategy at fault, but it is our (traders) greed and fear which takes money out of our pockets. Accepting losses at times and moving ahead with a lesson is the best strategy, let the trading instrument be any of the available.

Happy Trading!!!
Niksan, well said!

brother, please tell, how did you manage your futures position when the market got crashed in 2 days and no one was able to square off or sell their equities.. making a fall of 50% in every security.

Futures, are the most riskiest instrument to deal with.. so, i don't intend to do futures. but i'm curious, how you managed your position. were you short or long before the crash?

thanks.

Niksan, well said!

brother, please tell, how did you manage your futures position when the market got crashed in 2 days and no one was able to square off or sell their equities.. making a fall of 50% in every security.

Futures, are the most riskiest instrument to deal with.. so, i don't intend to do futures. but i'm curious, how you managed your position. were you short or long before the crash?

thanks.

fast_rizwaan, I would luv to share it here. Fortunately, I had no long/short position in any future when the markets crashed, so that was a plus point for me.

But, with a hint, that the markets may correct, I had entered a NIFTY Put position which protected my profits (for the scrips I have in my demat) and also, made me some more money :)

I had not entered this position to make money, but all I wanted to do was to protect my holdings, which I don't want to sell and still don't want to looose money...just as an insurance.

If I have had a long position in furures, I afraid to say but even I would have booked losses.

I also have lossed money in futures earlier (not in this crash) but I was new to futures then and as most of the people do, even I didn't want to put a stop loss and accept the loss. that is what eats your capital and throws you out of the markets for a long time.

I think any instrument will be a disaster without a stop loss.

There r some master brains who can predict market movements. u have to blindly follow them. buy when they say buy and sell when the say so dont do reasoning. This is my sincere advice.

H

hari09omkar

There r some master brains who can predict market movements. u have to blindly follow them. buy when they say buy and sell when the say so dont do reasoning. This is my sincere advice.
Thanks Master.U proved ur login id to be appropriate.

marcus

Dear friend I completely disagree with you, but you are entitled to express your view here.

There's no point in me saying you're wrong or I'm right, words mean nothing without backed up facts or statistics. All that would happen is that we'd get into a war of words, and all it would result in is a waste of time and ill feelings towards one another not to mention making a spectacle in public just like I've seen happen on several occasions.

Better than this I therefore strongly admonish any member who even considers your strategy to thoroughly evaluate it (definitely paper trade) and decide for themselves. I could say 'no' a hundred times and you could 'say' yes a thousand times and at the end of the day it would still prove nothing other than attract attention and confuse new members all the more so its best they decide for themselves. Then there will be no doubt in their minds.

I request all members especially the new ones to paper trade any strategy (not just yours) before they attempt to trade real time.

I can not stress this enough ... its vitally important.